Just a simple MoFo question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UVMan

The Fly
I whipped out my Best of 1990-2000 DVD and a couple questions came to my mind: On MoFo, does Bono ever cuss? I know the official lyrics are "Mother Suckin' rock and roll". But the parts right after that where he's like free-styling it sounds like or scat singing or something, some of those words don't sound like suck. And my second question was on the Best of DVD, why do they edit that song? On mine anyway it sounds like they cut out "suckin" Hopefully someone can help.

On the the 'Pop' version, towards the end, during one of the 'mother suckin'' refrains, he says 'mother suck-ya-fuck rock and roll'. As for the DVD, the video on the DVD is a remix of Mofo, so whichever remix that is, may have just been like that.

I can post it for ya, Martha. The thing is when I think it might only work if you have iTunes though....posting things on YouSendIt got screwy for me after I switched over. Either that or if someone can refigure it or something. :shrug:

I just got finished teaching myself how to convert itunes to mp3. I'd be happy to help y'all.

itunes to mp3 huh? what utility did you use for this? I got winamp to play my aac's without issue..but I ahvent' had time to figure this out...care to share?

You need a program called hymn to remove the iPod protection (converts the tracks from m4p to m4a).

Then you need a program called dBpowerAMP with an added codec for mpeg4 installed, to convert the m4a files to your desired bitrate mp3s.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
I can post it for ya, Martha. The thing is when I think it might only work if you have iTunes though....

I have iTunes on my school computer, which may make that an interesting download.

Let's give it a try. I'll only have access to my school computer for two more days, Thursday and Friday. Then I'm off for two weeks. YAY!

Kharon said:
You need a program called hymn to remove the iPod protection (converts the tracks from m4p to m4a).

Then you need a program called dBpowerAMP with an added codec for mpeg4 installed, to convert the m4a files to your desired bitrate mp3s.

I can vouch for the HYMN program. It worked like a charm on my Mac. There is also a Windows variant of the program, but I have never tried it.

Kharon said:

Or, alternatively, you could just play the iTunes file, run a recording programme at the same time, and save the recorded copy as an MP3. Even easier.

Axver said:

Or, alternatively, you could just play the iTunes file, run a recording programme at the same time, and save the recorded copy as an MP3. Even easier.

I could be way off here, but could that not interfere with the sound quality of the final copy?

Kharon said:
Hey, Martha.. drop me your addy, I just converted it to mp3 for ya.

If you'll send it to me, I will make sure Martha gets it also. Thanks! :bow:

walktothewater (at) gmail.com

D'oh.

Here's the deal, hotmail only allows for me to send 10 meg attachments. Most songs fit into that envelope, but this track is 12.5. I don't know if you're aware, but yousendit.com ate itself this afternoon, and so, I can't send it that way at the moment. So, I'm making a note of it, and as soon as yousendit rectifies its problems, I'll put it up here.

Sorry about that. :sad:

Kharon said:
I could be way off here, but could that not interfere with the sound quality of the final copy?
Yes, it would. It'd be like making a Xerox copy of a Xerox copy. Hymning AACs is better than crosscoding if you're concerned about fidelity.

Oh, and I've also never heard the Explicit Mix, so thanks. I've heard the Phunk Phorce Mix, which I love (and I understand an edit of it is on the Best of DVD) and which I presume was remixed by the same person since they're so similar (differences being that the Phunk Phorce "censors" Bono's "mother-suckings" and the Explicit Mix has a bunch of F-bombs at the end).

Back
Top Bottom