Junior Research Paper : U2, requesting help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baker6621

War Child
I'm doing my HS Research Paper on U2. Now, the rough draft is due on Tuesday. I haven't even started. I want a rivveting-pounding quote to start it off with. Can you help me out? Right now I have the SBS from Rattle and Hum which is very emotional and good but I was looking at other ones and maybe you guys can help me. Thanks a lot.

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

Rivveting-Punding: Something that will show you what U2 is all about, something spicy, something strong
smile.gif
Heh, thanks.

Do you need a U2 song quote or a quote about U2? Are you looking for a general quote or digiing for one from us?

In terms on song, maybe "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" or something like "Its a musical journey" to symbolize a journey that continues as opposed to a band that had a finite end.

It depends on what you want really, do you want something related to the events of the past year or Jubilee/ Drop the Debt (Propaganda, RS, Spin, Details Tour Programme)? There are some interesting 9-11 quotes from Jay Leno and some of the tour boots. Or do you want something from the past? In just about every publication as of late, there are some good Bono quotes. Also, in the book "U2@TEOFTW" by Bill Flanagan there are a bunch, but its a long read if you are short on time. In the book by BP Fallon "U2 Faraway So CLose" there are some cool MacPhisto quotes, but they are a little humorous.

Do you have the 'elevation' tour program? I like these;

Q? What is U2's job?
Bono: One of the things we've always tried to do-rather like comedians, although we were never funny- is say the thing that no one else in the room will say. I think it's our job to stick our heads over the parapet.

also

Q? What message do you have for someone reading this after the show?

Bono: As the preacher says, "make that call" whether its your mother, Amnesty International, or your best mate. Do the thing that came into your head when we were playing.

I hope this helps, if you need more try to be more specific, I have some of the publications listed above.

One year I had to write a paper on some aspect of pop culture - so I wrote about ZooTV. The paper just took like one night to write, it was supposed to be like eight to ten pages but ended up being about 15. If I could find it I'd post it, but that was a few years ago, and I lose everything. But my main theme was art vs. commerce or something to that effect.
I do remember the that I opened with a quote made by Bono during the October era, which was: "Rock 'n' roll is full shit!"
Then followed up with a quote he'd made in respect to ZooTV: "Some of this bullshit is pretty cool."
The paper pretty much wrote itself after that, and I got an A.

------------------
No more songs of Tallahasse and Nashville
We got music right outside the windowsill

If you are looking for thought-provoking and interesting insight on life, look no further than The Joshua Tree album as your guide. Although, one of my favorite lines came from the song Rejoice: "I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me." Then decades later, Bono is changing the world with his push to eradicate third world debt!

If you need more lyrics, check out http://lemon.interference.com/u2la/lyrics/index.html for more help.

Incidentally, I think if I had the time, I would gladly write your paper for you. Let me know if I can help (I'm an English minor in college).

er... "It's time to go to war"...? Bono said this in an interview after ATYCLB was released. Remember? There are also great lyrics from "Always" the b-side. Also, the recent U2 article in Q mag where Bono said "suddenly your mortality walks into the room"... he was talking about having near-death experiences.

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

Originally posted by brimcart:
If you are looking for thought-provoking and interesting insight on life, look no further than The Joshua Tree album as your guide. Although, one of my favorite lines came from the song Rejoice: "I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me." Then decades later, Bono is changing the world with his push to eradicate third world debt!

If you need more lyrics, check out http://lemon.interference.com/u2la/lyrics/index.html for more help.

Incidentally, I think if I had the time, I would gladly write your paper for you. Let me know if I can help (I'm an English minor in college).

Hey! Well thanks for your offer, hehe. I'd really like your email so I could ask you some questions and advice on how to put things where and stuff, so if you can give me that I'll be very happy. Also, if you have the time I might send a draft along your way...thank you so much!

There's a part in "U2 At The End of The World" where Bob Hewson reads a letter that Bono wrote him when U2 was just starting to get famous. I used an excerpt of it as a quote to start off my high school paper. It's something like "I hope our lives will be a testament to those who follow us, and it is our ambition to make more than good music. We want to make music that will lift people up, music that will send a message."

Another good one to use would be a part of Carson Daly's intro speech about U2 at this years MTV VMA's

Oooh! And another one would be the thing that Bono said about "It feels like God is in the room more than Elvis" when talking about the Elevation shows.

Damn! This is too fun...i have to go to bed!

Well, if you haven't turned your paper in yet, I'd love to read a draft of it for you. Send it to brimcart@hotmail.com. If your still looking for ideas, I've came up with some more material for you.

Some of the best U2 quotes can be found at the top of the screen at the Website atu2.com

Back
Top Bottom