June 9th, 2001..a date in U2 History..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

June 9th 2001.. what kind of a date in U2 History is it?

• d, it was a glorious moment for the fans and a stupid move on your part..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
:reject:

Hey ppl,

Having 7 years to ponder that night, and today being a 7 year anniversary I realize what a blunderous move it was on my part.

There was a little alcohol:eek:hno:involved, I no longer drink now and have gotten realigned with my Faith.:yes:

For those that think about pulling a stunt like this, do not. You will find a deeper chasim between you and Bono and the rest of the band-something you probably don't want.

Also U2 Security will have you in their cross hairs each and every show.

Many fans on occassions come up to me and say.."dude security was eyeballing you hard man the entire show.."

Comments like that are heart wrenching and regrettable..

So anyway post your thoughts if you want, most ppl have seen the pics but I will post them here-for those that have not.

Hope the new album does well and I will see many of you next tour.

Your friend,

dave
(diamond)

Attachments

• BONOD1A.jpg
    BONOD1A.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 28
  • BONOD3.jpg
    BONOD3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 27
  • BONODMIC.jpg
    BONODMIC.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 23
<>, why on earth would you attach these images instead of upping them to imageshack or photobucket? No one can see them but premiums.

<>, why on earth would you attach these images instead of upping them to imageshack or photobucket? No one can see them but premiums.

Umm, I didn't know.
BONODMIC.jpg

BONOD3.jpg

BONOD1A.jpg

Dave_BONO_04.jpg

Dave_BONO_05.jpg

Dave_BONO_08.jpg

Last edited:
The pictures tell the short, easy version: Diamond gets onstage, picks up Bono, lives to tell the story.

thats an awsome story, why are you putting such a negative spin on it?

bono saved you from bouncers and allowed you to carry him around for a while, i'd say thats an honor! :D

good on ya!
chris

That's awesome. You should go back to drinking and keeping away from faith.

actually..the event eventually led me back to thinking about more important things..such as helping my fellow man, helping the less fortunate and being less judgemental about how ppl have willingly or unwillingly put themselves in precarious situations, if that makes any sense.

:)

<>

You forgot an option:

d, I think you like to use any excuse to post these pics and tell the story over again as much as you can...

Cheers :wink:

You were next to me and my wife in the heart for the show and kept slamming into my wife so we switched places. You were clearly drunk so we understood, and we were surprised you made it on stage. :wave:

You were next to me and my wife in the heart for the show and kept slamming into my wife so we switched places. You were clearly drunk so we understood, and we were surprised you made it on stage. :wave:

Umm did you used to have a different handle-"youtwohearts" or something like that- I believe?

Sorry I bumped into you, as I stated I was a little out of my head that night.

<>

Umm, yeah I'd have to agree with Catman on this one. The band, Bono especially, have dealt with FAR weirder happenings with fans onstage. In fact, I recall one or two other people picking him up after that..I know there's a photo of it around somewhere :hmm:

You forgot an option:

d, I think you like to use any excuse to post these pics and tell the story over again as much as you can...

Cheers :wink:

Not true, but I can take the ribbing, I've become pretty thick skinned over the years.

Every year the date rolls around I feel a little melancholy, reflective and contemplative.

I'm not glad of what I did, but I'm glad what B did, for one of his misguided fans, who found themselves stuck in a moment, a moment that I erroneuosly put myself in. I'm a firm believer that things do happen for a reason and that night worked out the way it did because of the grace of a humanitarian by the name of Paul, and sent a fan off on a different course in his life.

I had a friend send this to me:

"I remember the story well my friend! Happy 7th year of an incredible adventure, a once-in-a-lifetime event, even if it was not the proper thing to do-lol... I believe everything happens for a reason, so there was a reason that you were suppose to do that at that moment! Bet you can figure out what the reason was....if only for your own personal growth and realignment with your faith!"

Cheers to you D!

For me this vid reflects the gravity of my feelings:

U2Fan Memories- Buann gra chuile ni at One True Media - share slideshows, slide shows, MySpace slideshows, MySpace codes, free video sharing, video montages.

So that' s that my friends, hope everyone is having a good day, I'm not because my dog died.

Dave

I seriously doubt the band even remembers that night - hardly a date to remember in "U2's history," I'd imagine :p

I was more thinking the fans in Boston at that paticular show, not so much the band.

I do think if you were to say to Bono remember Night 4 Boston Elevation..and the big guy..it would jog his memory quite easily, for good, bad or indifference-I know not.

And thanks for the 1 * vote posted by whoever, youre awesome.
:hug:

:)

<>

Umm, yeah I'd have to agree with Catman on this one. The band, Bono especially, have dealt with FAR weirder happenings with fans onstage. In fact, I recall one or two other people picking him up after that..I know there's a photo of it around somewhere :hmm:
also, i believe a fan carried him during the pre-uf tour :hmm:

a fan also carried Bono at one of the ZooTV shows

yeah, i think that was a heavy set fellow correct?

and the uf one was a bald fellow if Im not mistaken.

in all circumstances B requested that the male fans carry him..

<>

Back
Top Bottom