June 6th Boston being shown on Spanish tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
I had no idea the June 6th Boston show is already being aired elsewhere! When will we get to see this special here in the US? I'm hoping someone over in Spain is recording this! Perhaps convert the entire special to MPEG for download??

from youtwo.net...

Here is the set list from the June 6th Boston concert aired yesterday (and
still air today) on the Spanish satellite channel VIA DIGITAL :

Elevation
Beautiful day
Stuck in a moment
Kite
Gone
I will follow
Sunday
Desire
Bad
Where the streets
Bullet
With or without
The fly
Walk on

Comments:
Just before Bono comes on stage, we see the famous backstage filming with
the special glasses he wore (the ones that have an integrated video camera).
The film set doesn't stick to the original concert set listing.
Atmosphere : we miss the warmth from the Latin public (such as the concerts
from Paris, Turin and Barcelona).
Excellent concert, really neat (too bad the camera doesn't leave any chance
to improvisation!), let's wait for the concert on DVD to be able to make a
comparison.

Hmm, seems like a short set list up there, typo or edited for TV?

I dunno bout Spain, but I was told that Aussie Pay Per View is showing it soon.

Brettig told me, so he's the man in the know.

I doubt any of the tv specials will be showing the entire setlist. We'll have to wait for the DVD to come out. I am kinda disappointed to hear it's on pay-per-view, especially with that version not being complete. I may have a hard time justifying spending $14.95 or whatever for a shortened setlist on PPV when I can wait another month or two and get the entire show on DVD with much better picture and sound.

[This message has been edited by U2ITNOL (edited 09-16-2001).]

I just saw some pictures taken from this broadcast and a short video clip and it's clear that they mixed the first 2 boston shows together. Gone features the edge throwing his guitar down and kicking it which happened during the first boston show. The Fly features bono ending the song stuck against the video wall which only happened during the 1st boston show, the 2nd night, june 6th, he dove off the tip of the heart and ran out to end the song. And with or without you has the girl that bono brought onstage during the second show. He didn't bring anyone onstage the first night. The pictures and short video clip are at http://u2.zero.org/

comeon muchmusic! get the rights to this and show it!

or at least someone in Spain put it all online in hugely high quality!

Thanks for the info curehp!

For those of you that have seen the video clips....

Does Bono mess up the second verse to "Kite" which happened on June 6th or is it complete with no errors (the MUCH superior version from June 5)?

I'm dyin' to know....

and....

The "Bono-Cam" shades were only used on June 9th (last night in Boston) so they may have used footage and/or audio material from all 4 nights!!

That would be amazing as they played "Party Girl" "11 O'Clock Tick Tock", "Out of Control" and "All I want is You" the other nights as well!

Originally posted by In2U2:
The "Bono-Cam" shades were only used on June 9th (last night in Boston) so they may have used footage and/or audio material from all 4 nights!!

Well, I think Bono may have used the shades on the other Boston nights. On the last night they showed on the screens what Bono saw, but that doesn't mean that if you didn't see it before that it didn't happen.

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

it's on TV in Sweden on thursday
smile.gif
( svenskar: kolla musikbyr?n i svt)

Can any of our swedish friends possibly get some more of the show online after it airs on thursday? Hopefully Bad and The Fly or some of the fly-cam footage?

Originally posted by curehp:
Can any of our swedish friends possibly get some more of the show online after it airs on thursday? Hopefully Bad and The Fly or some of the fly-cam footage?

sorry, if I could I would... i don't have the equipment to do so.

On the broadcast....

Was "Kite" played in its entirety or did Bono mess up the second verse?

Anyone know?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Was "Kite" played in it's entirety or did Bono blow the second verse?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom