JT First Leg Family Reunion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
20 years ago...

I was in second grade :wink:

In my defense, I first heard U2 that year, and I immediately liked them, but I think it was in part because I was mesmerized by the fact that Bono and Edge had long hair. I was in Catholic school, so I didn't realize yet that guys could have long hair. I know, I was a sheltered kid :reject:

I didnt catch Joshua Tree until the third leg unfortunately.

In my defense though I lived in Alabamab spring of 87 and U2 didnt tour that region until the third leg (Atlanta). Then that summer I moved to Michigan and U2 had already played Detroit.

Fortunately I caught the last Chicago show on the third leg. My first U2 show.

Show #4 Houston
The band comes back on stage AFTER 40 and AFTER the house lights had been turned up.

We figured they did that all the time. Who knew about set-list histories in 1987?
But now I know how special it was.

The Joshua Tree is my all-time favourite rock album, the masterpiece of masterpieces!! When I first listened to this album - I was only 12-13 year old little girl, I have fallen love with it at once!!! Happy, joyous wonderful (a bit belated) B-day to the amazing J.T.-album!!:drool:

Daly City! My friend had seen them at a couple of previous concerts which I had missed. That was the first of many!

Cow Palace, San Francisco (Daly City, really). I think it might have been 4/15. I went to the first night which was BLISS. Had only seen them play on the Consipiracy of Hope tour so a full set was :drool:

I was recently given a bootleg of the second night's show and it brought back so many memories. Awesome tour!

Back
Top Bottom