Joy is the best song in the new Mick Jagger CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
I gave Goddess In The Doorway to my husband this Christmas, because he?s a huge fan of Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones. After having listened to the CD a couple of times here is my verdict. You may say it?s a biased opinion (guess why LOL) but it?s true, Joy is the best song in Goddess In The Doorway IMO. I love the voices of Bono and Mick together and I like the lyrics as well.
Second best is the one with Lenny Kravitz, God Gave Me Everything.

Anyone agree? Or maybe has another fave? Btw, I liked the CD.
smile.gif

My sister's boyfriend got me that CD...I love it! The first track "Visions of Paradise" is one of my faves...along with "God Gave Me Everything" and "Joy", of course.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

! I LOVETH that CD. You read reviews about it and they're so critical saying Mick's too lovey dovey or whatever, but I think it's a darn good CD.

My fav songs (arg it's hard puttin them in order):
1. Vision of Paradise
2. Dancing in the Starlight
3. Joy (yay Bono
smile.gif
)
4. God Gave me Everything
5. Everybody Getting High

OK That's like half the CD.
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97%compatible with Bono
"Perhaps Miss PLEBA herself" ~GypsyHeartGirl~

"Bono...a sort of holy cross between the Morrisons, Jim and Van"

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

I liked the bit I heard from Joy
don't like the first single released from this album

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Oh I LOVE "Joy"!! But i also like "God gave me.."too. And I loved that special on the making of Mick's Cd with his kids and dinner with *Bono*! Looked like they were eatting grass! lol, but i about came unglued when they showed the part of Bono in the studio! wow!

The whole thing's great, IMHO! It did get 5 stars from Rollingstone.

I like Joy the best too. Funny that all of ATYCLB is supposed to be a joyful record, but Bono finally sings about it with Mick Jagger. My second favorite is Goddess in the Doorway.

i am also biased because i am an equal great fan of the stones as of u2

therefore, my favourite song is a one of all songs on the cd, being "hideaway", after that "new set of rules"

the album turns out to be a grower. at first i wasnt impressed but its getting better. some true gems. joy is somewhere in the middle of the list.

------------------
~stadtmueller

I enjoy these:

"don't call me up"
"brand new set of rules"
"joy"
"God gave me everything"
and
"too far gone"

It truly is a great album. Better than everything out there at the moment.

~z~

------------------
" You love this town - even if that doesn't ring true. You've been all over, and it's been all over you " - Bono

" Don't you know there ain't no Devil, that's just God when he's drunk " - Tom Waits

I?m glad to know that so many really liked Mick?s new CD, it?s a good album, no doubt. Surely my husband loved it! Although he said that in fact I wanted the CD because of Joy, LOL

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom