Joshua Tree...the park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slyjoey

Babyface
hello,

me and my girlfriend are planning on visiting Joshua Tree National Park in California over the winter holidays. she wondered if U2 had shot a video clip there. i thought maybe, but i don't know. does anybody else? one thing is for sure, that disc will be playing on the approach and departure.

thanks,
slyjoey

The actual "joshua tree" that is on the album is not in the park I remember reading what anton corbijn said about this because usually they grow in groups and it is rare for them to be all alone like that.

I don;t think a video was shot there.

The photo session connected to that album included shots in front of the Harmony Motel....that property is on Highway 62 which borders the north side of Joshua Tree Park..

we were there last year and I took some photos of Mrs. BAW at the property...the area is essentially the same except for a new tree here or there...I have those photos somewhere, I'll try to post....

Here's what I could salvage -

338%3C874%3B23232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23234744255%3A9ot1lsi

The real Tree is nowhere near the park, but the park itself is lovely and worth a trip. Just don't expect to find the tree. What's even lovelier is the Mojave National Preserve, which is southeast, I believe, of the park. Let me go get a CA map. Hold on.

No, it's northeast, between the 15 and the 40.

The whole Mojave is beautiful in winter, and JT is the hands down, absolute best album for driving through the Mojave.

Keep posting here and I'll give you trip advice. You've got me started on one of my favorite parts of our country. I may not be able to stop. :wink:

From what know it's at Zabriske Point in the Death Valley National Park in Ca.It's a hilly area with just the 1 lone tree by itself.

Be nice..hug a Joshua Tree.

thanx for the pix and replies, i searched a bit and found some shots of the standing and fallen Tree:

www joshuatreenationalpark net/u2tree htm

we are driving to yosemite from LA. - planning on going past joshua tree, death valley, sequoia, and kings canyon - but you've got me interested in the mojave national preserve. sounds like it'd be a good contrast with the snowy sequoias up north.

If you're going past Death Valley up Highway 395, you'll pass mighty close to the Tree.

We'll talk after I get back from Thanksgiving vacation. I'll be up in that area for the next few days; it's where we go every Thanksgiving!

Back
Top Bottom