Joshua Tree Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
A while back there was a link going around that went to a page that spoke about the making of The Joshua Tree and how it was originally supposed to be two discs, and it gave a hypothetical tracklisting including the album tracks and all the JT b-sides. Could somebody please post this link? I can't find it.

I don't have the link to it, but I can give you the tracklisting for the "restored" Joshua Tree.

Streets
Silver and Gold
Still Haven't Found
Spanish Eyes
With or Without You
Luminous Times
Walk To The Water
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
Race Against Time
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires
The Sweetest Thing
One Tree Hill
Deep In The Heart
Exit
Mothers Of The Disappeared

That 'restored' Joshua Tree isn't quite so restored. It's missing Heartland.

Axver said:
That 'restored' Joshua Tree isn't quite so restored. It's missing Heartland.

But Heartland was released as an album track later on, the seven b-sides never were, they were only ever b-sides.

But Heartland was not only composed with the other JT material, it was the first finished recorded track.

If you want to compile a comprehensive snapshot of the band's creative recorded output from the Joshua Tree sessions, one would include Heartland.

A question: should the apocrypha of the period be filed as JT or R&H?

Things like Christmas, Baby Please Come Home; She's a Mystery to Me; Jesus Christ; Sweet Fire of Love; and Testimony.

Yeah, Heartland was removed from JT at the last minute and replaced with Trip Through Your Wires. U2 decided they needed a song to lighten up the mood. This would be a travesty if it wasn't then included on Rattle & Hum and IMO become the highlight of the album.

Hi Broken Toy - did you read that Heartland was the first finished JT song in a particular interview or article?

Sweet Fire Of Love and Testimony were recorded during the JT recording sessions as was the song Purple Heart (co-written & co-produced by Bono. A T-Bone Burnett song with a great 1 minute howl by Bono at the end of it).

Now we have the JT song Beautiful Ghost from ITunes U2 Collection.

For the R&H Period there is My Time Hasn't Come from the San Francisco concert rehersal.

Fortunate Son and Paint It Black were recorded during the R&H B-Sides sessions.

Back
Top Bottom