Joshua Tree on vinyl, better than cd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trevster2k

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I just revisited my record collection and found my Joshua Tree LP. It kicks ass and IMO way better than the CD. I forgot how the album opens up to a big picture of the band. Inside, their is poster of the band with lyrics on the opposite page.

I remember having to care and nurture my record so I wouldn't scratch it.

I also found my Captive soundtrack record by Edge. Rowena's theme and Heroine with Sinead O'Conner were good tracks. Ah, memories.

Anyone else have this stuff on vinyl?

some pics of my stuff, they have aged well

13441DSC00058-med.JPG

13441DSC00056-med.JPG

13441DSC00055-med.JPG

I bought a new turntable last year and it cost almost $200. :ohmy:

beli said:
Everything sounds better on vinyl to me. :D

I have all the old U2 albums on vinyl. :up:

Oh yeah... Beli!

Vinyl:drool: :drool: :drool:

Call me a heathen but I only bought HTDAAB on vinyl.

I'm slowly acquiring the entire Catalogue on vinyl... only missing Zoo, AB and Pop now.

Life on Vinyl is fantastic.

The last CD I bought was in June last year...

Shout Outs to all my fellow Audiophiles out there! :rockon:

Record sleeves are so much prettier than CDs. Nowadays album cover art is not as important since it so tiny and any detail is even tinier.

Wow, that's hardcore that you not only have the Captive soundtrack but have it on wax. I was beginning to wonder if that thing really existed before MP3s were invented.

myu2vinyl.jpg

this is my collection as of july of last year. since then i think the only other U2 album I got on vinyl was Zooropa so that's why it's not pictured. everything i own is on 12" vinyl too.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got everything you got there except for the October and War singles.:)

Neenie said:
Very Nice! I have Achtung Baby to ATYCLB on vinyl.

Wow! Where on earth can you buy/find Achtung Baby to ATYCLB? I'd definitely be interested in having those albums on vinyl...! :drool:

Last edited:
Nerfherder said:

Wow! Where on earth can you buy/find Achtung Baby to ATYCLB? I'd definitely be interested in having those albums on vinyl...! :drool:

I got mine a few years ago from a shop called Grevile records in Prahan Melbourne. If you hunt around record shops you'll find some U2 stuff. I also found the Discotheque single when it was first released. They Import them from the UK. The only problem with vinyl after Zooropa is that they come with two records, so it's three songs each side. Once I have some more money I'll get the Bomb on vinyl:drool:

Nice collection you have david :yes:

Last edited:
What?!? Did you just buy them for collection purposes? Wow, that is being a fan.

I have said this many times but let me repeat myself.

The definitive version of The Joshua Tree is the gold disc remastered by Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
I have said this many times but let me repeat myself.

The definitive version of The Joshua Tree is the gold disc remastered by Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs.

Cheers,

J
:yes:

I have the Unforgetable Fire one of those:drool:

trevster2k said:
I bought a new turntable last year and it cost almost $200. :ohmy:

Me too. I got that cutesy blue thing -- I forget who makes it but it totally reminds me of my old Mickey Mouse record player from childhood??? Am too lazy to get it out and check...

Anyway, glad to know I'm not the only person still geeking out over my vinyl. I have all the albums up to "Achtung Baby" on vinyl, loads of singles and 12" singles and stuff. When I was broke a couple of years ago, I considered selling some of it on E-Bay but then a friend told me how much she regretted selling her albums, and I didn't do it, and I'm so glad.

Yay vinyl!!!

I've never really been one to celebrate vinyl over CDs for the sake of it, but I've always thought that the standard CD of The Joshua Tree (I haven't heard the remastered gold disc version) just sounds weak compared to the vinyl. When 'Where the Streets Have No Name' kicks in on vinyl, it really kicks in! The CD version just doesn't have the same punch, in my opinion.
Neil

Back
Top Bottom