Joshua Tree first CD to sell 1 million?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
I could have sworn I've heard this somewhere, that The Joshua Tree was the first album to sell 1 million CDs in the US. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just sounds real familiar, and it makes sense because 1987 is right about when people started to buy CD players. Can anyone confirm that?

------------------
Change is the only constant

The Joshua Tree was the first CD I bought when I got my first CD player! Actually I got the CD on the way down to buy the player! The salesman played it on a display player I was interested in and they had the sound up loud! lol. I also have it on vinyl so I could compare the dynamics between CD and vinyl, needless to say CD blew me away!
Think you might be right about the first million selling CD but not too sure myself!

I can confirm that. It happened when the album was released in 1987, during that first year. Not a huge deal back then since people were still buying records and cassettes, but looking back on it is kind of impressive. 94% of albums sold today are sold on compact disc.

Wow, so that is pretty cool. Leave it to them to go high-tech with a stripped down album.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Back
Top Bottom