Joshua Tree double Album (Cd )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geeman

The Fly
any ideas where Beautiful Ghost and the rest of the Joshua Tree b-sides would appear if it was released as a Double album (Cd) ?

Last edited:
Aardvark 747, Beautiful ghost is an outtake from JT time that is on the "rare and unreleased" section of the U2 complete collection on Itunes.

Most of the songs mentioned were released; Silver and gold, Spanish eyes, Luminous times, Walk to the water, Deep in the heart and Sweetest thing were all B-sides I think. Race against time is virtually an instrumental.

Last edited:
As a huge JT fan who owns all the silver cd singles, I'm looking forward to putting that together...in fact, I could go one step beyond and use the JT original master disc I have :)

If Exit had ever been released as a single (!), Beautiful Ghost would've made a fantastic B-side. Obviously Exit isn't Top 40 material, but it would've made a pretty cool single anyways. Beautiful Ghost is almost like Exit Part 2, it feels like a continuation of the same scary story about faith, death and fear.

Howabout this for a super-moody version of Joshua Tree:

Where The Streets Have No Name
Spanish Eyes
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still

Walk To The Water
Silver And Gold
Deep In The Heart
Exit
Beautiful Ghost
Mothers Of The Disappeared

Granted, it would sell about five copies, but it certainly is every bit as (likably) murky as The Unforgettable Fire LP was...

dmesq said:
Howabout this for a super-moody version of Joshua Tree:

Where The Streets Have No Name
Spanish Eyes
With Or Without You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still

Walk To The Water
Silver And Gold
Deep In The Heart
Exit
Beautiful Ghost
Mothers Of The Disappeared

Granted, it would sell about five copies, but it certainly is every bit as (likably) murky as The Unforgettable Fire LP was...

Id buy it!:wink:

Beatiful Ghost doesn't seem to fit on Joshua Tree.

The music is closer to Rattle & Hum (All I want is You) rather than JT.

And the vocals....both the vocal sound and lyrics place them in 2002 rather than 1987.

(My wife is not a U2 fan but even she asked me: "did Bono's father just die, coz that sounds like a nice tribute song".)

I did my own lineup of the "restored" album. I suppose it's all a matter of personal preference, but I had a couple problems with Tiede's sequence. For one, I can't accept that the band would EVER have used Race Against Time as an album track. The track is not a song so much as an incomplete musical idea, reminscent of some of the over-indulgence on The Unforgettable Fire. So, I nixed it. I also didn't like the idea of Silver and Gold coming up second; it's just too dark. I much prefer Still Haven't Found to follow Streets. So I placed Silver and Gold much further back. I liked Spanish Eyes between Still Haven't Found and With Or Without You. It fits musically, and I like it as a thematic precursor to WOWY. "I need you more than you need me," segues nicely into "I can't live with or without you." I also felt Deep in the Heart was a better follow-up to Running to Stand Still, so it kicks off the theoretical Side 2. Additionally, I felt it was important to leave the three final tracks of the album in order; they just go together so well, I didn't want to mess with them. Finally, since I'm not willing to buy The Complete U2, I don't have access to Beautiful Ghost, so it's not in my lineup. Anyway, here is the track sequence I burned to CD-R and am listening to right now. It clocks in at 75:04.

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. Spanish Eyes
4. With or Without You
5. Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
6. Walk to the Water
7. Bullet the Blue Sky
8. Running to Stand Still
9. Deep in the Heart
10. Red Hill Mining Town
11. In God's Country
12. Trip Through Your Wires