joshua tree deluxe limited edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2 cutiepie

The Fly
i went to see if they had any joshua tree deluxe editions (2cd/dvd &book)left in store but sadly they didnt
but i went on to ebay and found one yay
and got it for $54.90

and its on its way cant wait to get it

does anyone else have it

if so what do you think

I have it , it 's awesome ! :yippie: .....congrats on your purchase

Its good, but I couldn't really notice a huge difference in quality, except in Exit and Mothers. I also had most of the B-sides on disc 2. However, I didn't have Live in Paris, so that was definately worth the money. For me its more its value as a collectible. ... It makes it easy to remember why Joshua Tree is so awesome.

it's the kind of re-issue I always dreamed they'd put out for the joshua tree! Absolutley gorgeous. Great to have all the B-sides remastered on one disc as I don't have all the original 7"s, live show's pretty cool too. Not the greatest but we can always hold out for the Tempe Show/Red Hill Mining Town Rehearsal(?!? haha)/Lovetown show on Rattle and Hum??? Perhaps....god knows. Anyway, good on you for getting it, you'll want to get the 2-disc version if you want it to slot in with the rest of your remasters when they all pop up! :heart::heart:

I love my super-deluxe-edition. It was worth it for the packaging alone. It is my little precious baby... I am very protective of it!

Its good, but I couldn't really notice a huge difference in quality. For me its more its value as a collectible. ... It makes it easy to remember why Joshua Tree is so awesome.

Same here.. I guess I'm musically challenged because it sounds the same to me :reject: However, when I listened to it I got all emotional.. I haven't listed to JT in so long and it just brought back so many memories. It's the album I first fell in love with 20 years ago. It just made me remember why I love U2 so much!

I didnt get the DVD just the book with CDs on Amazon for like $17 :drool:

...I didnt get the DVD just the book with CDs on Amazon for like $17 :drool:

Sicy, you need to get the DVD. I have over 100 shows on DVD (neutral gave me my first:wave:), and the Paris DVD is one of the best! Have you seen it? Amazon has the collection on sale for $44. with free shipping. I say run................

I loved it, got the box version..

and I've been told I have musical hearing before(not sure what the exact english term for it is, but you'll hopefully get what I mean) and I can hear differences... for me the best partis in Streets, the organ is much clearer and same with the guitar and hi-hat/cymbals. Ofcourse the biggest difference is we can finally hear Exit :wink:
that's one part I really appreciate too... my old JT cd was LOW in volume, so on my ipod I always had to adjust the volume when a JT song was on it.

hm, I didn't really watch the dvd(was cleaning the house with it on) but I liked the songs.. JT is not really my era so yea, I cringed too much to keep on watching when I finished cleaning..

It's magnificent! Have to agree though that the only discernible difference in sound is in Mothers and Exit. Love the b-sides too - its gorgeous - I was actually just as excited about the remaster / dvd box set release as I was when the album (yea those big ole vinyl things :reject: )was released (at midnight) 20 years ago. :hyper:

And Sicy, you really neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed the dvd - its an absolutely phenomenal show, you won't be disappointed :up:

I heard the difference on Exit, RTSS, Bullet and MOTD off the top off my head. Mostly though I bought this for the Paris DVD. The documentary was a nice touch too, as is having alll the JT B-sides on one disc.

I have it. Sounds the same to me too. I was a little disappointed in the dvd tho cuz I've seen and probably have all the footage from bootlegs. Otherwise I woulda bought it anywa for my ever growing U2 collection. JT's always been my favorite U2 era.

The show in the DVD is good but it filmed very badly in my opinion. About 95% of the time it is a Bono close up!!! It would have been great to have something else around!

i went to see if they had any joshua tree deluxe editions (2cd/dvd &book)left in store but sadly they didnt
but i went on to ebay and found one yay
and got it for $54.90

and its on its way cant wait to get it

does anyone else have it

if so what do you think
You could have bought it for $10 cheaper on amazon.com! Always check amazon. I've been screwed on ebay; I dislike using it.

Still haven't really watched the DVD because I'm saving it, but I did see the performance of "The Unforgettalbe Fire" a few months before and it blew me away!

Sicy, you need to get the DVD. I have over 100 shows on DVD (neutral gave me my first:wave:), and the Paris DVD is one of the best! Have you seen it? Amazon has the collection on sale for $44. with free shipping. I say run................

Agreed. Maybe sell the 2 CD version to a used store, if money's tight.

Its good, but I couldn't really notice a huge difference in quality, except in Exit and Mothers. I also had most of the B-sides on disc 2. However, I didn't have Live in Paris, so that was definately worth the money. For me its more its value as a collectible. ... It makes it easy to remember why Joshua Tree is so awesome.

ditto, in fact i was quite disappointed with the remastering, but hey ho.

Gold CD

I have the Gold CD and the new remaster is slightly better. There's more space to the sound. I think it's MUCH better than the original CD, but I have a good audio card, headphones, home theatre system, and amplifier so differences are also amplified.

The holy grail is have a format like DVD audio, or Blu-ray with enough memory to display the original master which is 10 times better and more nuance than any remastered CD could provide. I have Dark side of the moon DVD-audio and the talking in the background is much more clear and understandable than any CD version. You can actually tel what they are saying with ease. There are some REM albums and Beck albums if you like them and they sound much better. The results are more emotional and pleasing to the ear. CD's have less memory so there's always lots of compression going on.

Red Hill Mining Town or Until the end of the world in DTS Master Audio would probably have much more nuance. You can hear the crispness of vocals and much more detail in the instruments. You also don't need too much volume with quality sound like that. My Pet Sounds DVD audio you need very little volume on the computer to enjoy that.

We'll probably have to wait for a new sound format to arise when U2 are retired and want to sell box sets. Until a higher quality format is adopted by the majority of the population U2 will not release stuff in higher quality.

I love my super-deluxe-edition. It was worth it for the packaging alone. It is my little precious baby... I am very protective of it!

Yeah... you´re right saying that is precious... It worths much more than any jewel for me... :love: and there´s absolutely no problem having so much Bono´s caption on the DVD...:sexywink: after all isn´t he the leader sing of the band ?

I got it the first day it came out for $29.:up:

I love it. The sound is definitely better, hands down.
Worth every penny, even at $60

I bought it today. It's a really amazing boxset, one of the first times I felt that U2 is finally giving something for the true hardcore fan.

I bought it today. It's a really amazing boxset, one of the first times I felt that U2 is finally giving something for the true hardcore fan.

Agreed. The Boy/October/War remasters have been extremely poor in comparison.

If only they'd included "Womanfish"...if only...

Oh, and toscano, "extremely poor"? Really?? Extremely???

In comparison ? Yes

You can't have been expecting the same level of extreme effort that they gave their watershed album for their much-less-well-known early works. I think what we got for all four was stellar (still don't understand why "Out of Control (Live From Boston)" went missing on BOY, though)...

You can't have been expecting the same level of extreme effort that they gave their watershed album for their much-less-well-known early works. I think what we got for all four was stellar (still don't understand why "Out of Control (Live From Boston)" went missing on BOY, though)...

Doesn't take extreme effort to know all those remixes aren't that attractive an option, to throw in maybe complete Boston concert, compile a live DVD for each one, etc.

There is a TON of Boy, October and War-era Pro-Shot TV appearances and Concerts.

So i'll still stick with my assessment/opinion. The quality of the remasters themselves are excellent. Single-Disc option for me when I get around to it, nothing in the extras is much of an enticement.

Doesn't take extreme effort to know all those remixes aren't that attractive an option, to throw in maybe complete Boston concert, compile a live DVD for each one, etc.

Though I know there's a healthy section of the fanbase that feels as you do, I must disagree--having all of the b-sides remastered and consolidated in one spot is far more attractive to me than any other options. I'll agree that a DVD for each album would be divine, but so unrealistic...

Though I know there's a healthy section of the fanbase that feels as you do, I must disagree--having all of the b-sides remastered and consolidated in one spot is far more attractive to me than any other options. I'll agree that a DVD for each album would be divine, but so unrealistic...

Why do you think it would be unrealistic ? if it's from a McGuine$$$$ "why give it away we can charge $20 for it later" perspective, maybe. But technically it's not difficult at all, and since they seem to be exhuming the archives I think it would be reasonable to expect something.

Back
Top Bottom