joshua tree deluxe limited edition - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #31
The Fly

Local Time: 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscano View Post
Why do you think it would be unrealistic ? if it's from a McGuine$$$$ "why give it away we can charge $20 for it later" perspective, maybe. But technically it's not difficult at all, and since they seem to be exhuming the archives I think it would be reasonable to expect something.
Because, when you look at the popularity of a JOSHUA TREE or an ACHTUNG BABY versus their first three albums, there simply wouldn't be a profitable payoff for that level of extra material production. I'm not saying it's all about the dollars, but by the same token, I'm sure U2 don't want to go into the red trying to please their hardcore fans.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:51 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:13 AM
The sound thing isn't that hard to notice, people. You are going to hear hardly anything new, so it won't be discernible in that respect. But what's obvious to the naked ear about this remaster is the separation between elements. Bono's vocals clearly aren't smooshing against the rest of the instruments and so forth. Look for this when comparing the two versions and I guarantee you'll want to throw your old CD into the trash.

Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #33
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
The sound thing isn't that hard to notice, people. You are going to hear hardly anything new, so it won't be discernible in that respect. But what's obvious to the naked ear about this remaster is the separation between elements. Bono's vocals clearly aren't smooshing against the rest of the instruments and so forth. Look for this when comparing the two versions and I guarantee you'll want to throw your old CD into the trash.
I've got a really trashy cd player (and a dud ear ) so the differences are a bit of a challenge for me to pick up but I can hear a difference on my friends fabbo super sony mega system - either ways its still lovely and I'm a happy camper

Tags
joshua tree deluxe