Joshua Tree 4 ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacPhistoPT

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I started watching the VH1 Europe chart of the all time 100 Greatest Albums and Joshua Tree...

...made the first place :wink: I was surprised but very very happy, it's my favourite album ever made and even if it always does well on this charts, I'd not expect to see it #1.

btw, Achtung was #21

Joshua Tree Fans express your :drool: for this album

some more infos:

MJ - Thriller #2 :madspit:
Oasis - What's The Story The Morning Glory blablabla #3
Meatloaf - Bad out of hell #4
Nirvana - Nevermind #5
Beatles - Revolver #8 Sgt. pepper #9

I don't remember much more... Dark Side of the moon was #11 and Achtung #21.

Um...any list that puts Bat Out Of Hell and Nevermind over musical perfections like Revolver and Sgt Pepper automatically loses all credibility, even if JT is #1.

Yeah, I'm a Nirvana fan, I'd put the great Nevermind in the top 20 but never more high than most of Beatles or U2 albums (Revolver, Sgt Pepper or Achtung)

Still talking of Nevermind, you can dislike Nirvana but that album is one of the more consistent and better flowing albums that I ever heard. It deserved a place between #15 and #20 IMO, never #5

Last edited:
The JT album to me is so different from any of their other albums (at least in my opinion) with that blues sound and Bono's harmonica, it is the deal with the devil album.

My husband always says that the difference between a band like Depeche Mode and U2 is the JT album.

That is why War is my favorite U2 album because JT is a given for the #1 spot.

namkcuR said:
Um...any list that puts Bat Out Of Hell and Nevermind over musical perfections like Revolver and Sgt Pepper automatically loses all credibility, even if JT is #1.

Agreed. Any list other than "Albums that are so bad you'd rather hear donkeys crapping than listen to" should not have Bat out of Hell.

Back
Top Bottom