Joshua Tree 2CD vs Joshua Tree 3CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no, the 'deluxe' edition's just a much nicer box (the kind I always wanted Joshua Tree in) and an extra disc but there's nothing exclusive to the 2CD one.

gareth brown said:
no, the 'deluxe' edition's just a much nicer box (the kind I always wanted Joshua Tree in) and an extra disc but there's nothing exclusive to the 2CD one.

:huh: Um, what about the DVD?

Standard: 1 CD (remastered album)
Deluxe: 2 CD (remastered album AND bonus audio disc)
Super-Deluxe: 2 CD + 1 DVD (remastered album AND bonus audio disc AND bonus DVD) also with hardback book and prints.

The prints were a pleasant surprise when I got this for Christmas. I somehow had missed that they were included. I need to get frames for them.

The packaging and book are very much worth the price for the super deluxe edition. I haven't watched the DVD yet. I liked the way they chose to release this, though--it appealed to a wider range of consumers that way. I bought the single disc version for my mom for Christmas, since she asked if I could have my old copy of JT after I got the box set.

RavenBlue said:
Thanks :) Upon further inspection of the box I do believe I'll get that instead :)
Consider checking amazon. It's actually cheaper than ever on amazon.ca, for example, than when it was initially available for pre-order or for what it's sold for in stores in Canada.

Is the Super Deluxe (or whatever it's called) edition with the DVD now deleted anyway? I remember another discussion here not so long ago where this was mentioned.

Just on a personal level, I have to say that I never saw the CD+DVD edition in any shop in N Ireland that I looked in - even big chains like HMV only had the 2CD version at most. HMV in Lisburn, where I was this morning, didn't even have that. (And another thing, off-topic - anyone who pays £25 for the Popmart special edition DVD has more money than sense!)

Back
Top Bottom