Joshua Tree 20th anniversary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Was reading through a post on here (as you do) and I was scarily reminded that the Josh Tree is 20 yrs old next year. Where has the time gone?
Would it not be nice to have some kind of specail release to mark the occasion? Before everyone jumps on me stating that other albums have reached this same landmark, I would qualify the reason i say this is that, it is THE album that made u2 global. It is their Mona Lisa!
You gott wonder if they had made any less of an album would they have missed the boat so to speak?

If you agree, what form would you like to see this take?

Umm...it would be pretty hard to put out a release but if they did I would want it to be some of the songs that didn't make the album or R & H. I mean thier b-sides for that album were as good or better than alot of the songs on the album. Perhaps, a different mix of Red Hill Mining Town with those songs on the single. Bono did say the mix on the album was a bad mix. Realistically, the most we could hope for would be some JT songs that haven't been played for a while on the next tour. Say In God's Country or One Tree Hill.

I always think that U2's albums engineering sounds flat compared to the other releases about at the time. Or maybe its because I believe U2 are a live act and you miss the essence of what u2 is about on a studio recording.
Yer wee bit about Red HIll Mining Town made me think we could finally see the Vid for it in the form of a dvd extra

gman said:

Yer wee bit about Red HIll Mining Town made me think we could finally see the Vid for it in the form of a dvd extra

I hope so. Really, how bad could the video actually be? It's not like they ate babies or hurt kittens and other beloved animals. They dressed as the Village People, really what could be a lower point than that?

I dont wanna see the vid unless there is kittens getting hurt in it. I like to hear them squeak. Bet you all thought the start of An cat dubh is Edges guitar

How about a Joshua Tree Tour II? I was at the first one a couple of times. I can't believe its been that long. When I first heard WOWY I was in my car going to the train station to get to college. On the train rides home everytday I would listen to JT on my portable cassatte player. (I can't believe I just said that) :huh:

The 20th anniversary edition must be as some other great anniversary releases :camera: as Born To Run :drool:

Disc One: Joshua Tree remastered from the Original Master Tapes
Disc Two: The Making Of Joshua Tree in The Studio. Outtakes, early mixes, interviews, etc
DVD disc: U2 Live in Los Angeles 1987 plus Outside Is America documentary :drool: :drool: :drool: and all The Joshua Tree videos (WTSHNN, ISHFWILF, WOWY, RHMT, In God's Country, One Tree Hill and Spanish Eyes)

WITHOUT A DOUBT would be THE release of 2007 :bow:

JOSUHA TREE 20TH ANNIVERSARY REMASTERED DELUXE EDITION

Disc One: (Audio)
1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. With Or Without You
4. Bullet The Blue Sky
5. Running To Stand Still
6. Red Hill Mining Town
7. In God's Country
8. Trip Through Your Wires
9. One Tree Hill
10. Exit
11. Mothers Of The Disappeared

Disc Two: B-Sides
1. Beautiful Ghost
2. Walk To The Water
3. Race Against Time
4. Spanish Eyes
5. Silver And Gold
6. Luminous Times
7. Sweetest Thing
8. Deep In The Heart

Disc Three: (Video, Disc 1)
3. With Or Without You
4. Red Hill Mining Town
5. One Tree Hill
6. Spanish Eyes
7. Exit (From The Old Grey Whistle Test)
8. Trip Through Your Wires (From The Old Grey Whistle Test)

Disc Four: (Video, Disc 2)
Full featured color, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound restored concert from Tempe Arizona, 1987.

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. I Will Follow
3. Trip Through Your Wires
4. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
5. Out Of Control
6. MLK
7. One Tree Hill
8. Gloria
9. Exit
10. In God's Country
11. Bad
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Running to Stand Still
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday
15. New Year's Day
16. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
17. With or Without You
18. Mothers of the Disappeared
19. People Get Ready
20. 40

theu2fly said:
JOSUHA TREE 20TH ANNIVERSARY REMASTERED DELUXE EDITION

Disc One: (Audio)
3. With Or Without You
4. Bullet The Blue Sky
5. Running To Stand Still
6. Red Hill Mining Town
7. In God's Country
8. Trip Through Your Wires
9. One Tree Hill
10. Exit
11. Mothers Of The Disappeared

Disc Two: B-Sides
1. Beautiful Ghost
2. Walk To The Water
3. Race Against Time
4. Spanish Eyes
5. Silver And Gold
6. Luminous Times
7. Sweetest Thing
8. Deep In The Heart

Disc Three: (Video, Disc 1)
3. With Or Without You
4. Red Hill Mining Town
5. One Tree Hill
6. Spanish Eyes
7. Exit (From The Old Grey Whistle Test)
8. Trip Through Your Wires (From The Old Grey Whistle Test)

Disc Four: (Video, Disc 2)
Full featured color, 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround sound restored concert from Tempe Arizona, 1987.

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. I Will Follow
3. Trip Through Your Wires
4. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
5. Out Of Control
6. MLK
7. One Tree Hill
8. Gloria
9. Exit
10. In God's Country
11. Bad
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Running to Stand Still
14. Sunday Bloody Sunday
15. New Year's Day
16. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
17. With or Without You
18. Mothers of the Disappeared
19. People Get Ready
20. 40

It's too much, isn't it. The third disc could be put as extra on the fourth disc ;)

PS: Missing In God's Contry Video :yes:

I'd like to see them do what Springsteen did with Born to Run recently. Although we already have a JT documentary, they could still remaster the original album (also fixing the One Tree Hill/Exit goof), release a nifty live DVD from the JT tour and maybe include an audio cd full of outtakes and unreleased songs. That would be :drool:

It's certainly a worthy enouh album, there's enough stuff to stick into a box and it would make loads of cash.
If they don't do it it'll be a mistake.

MumblingBono said:
U2 are quite attuned to not appearing washed up and/or nostalgic.

They are washed up and nostalgic already. Why do you think they released ATYCLB and HTDAAB? :eyebrow:

MumblingBono said:
U2 are quite attuned to not appearing washed up and/or nostalgic. I'll bet we see nothing.

2 Best of Albums, R&RHOF. Even playing/ressurecting 6 songs from BOY in 2005 can be seen as nostalgic.

BTW, where's Womanfish on the Deluxe Edition? I also don't think the Curtis Mayfeild Estate allow anyone to use a video-sync license for People Got Ready. Just like Boston 2001?

U2FP

Back
Top Bottom