joking on bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I´m agree on irony, but this is pure bullshit..................
Anyway, Bono is ALREADY history...................!!
As one of the greatest minds of the last 45 years.........

Headache in a Suitcase said:

if i ever knew that i'd be in the same place on the same day as you, i'd purposely buy that shirt and wear it... just to test ya on that.

I'm hoping she'll come back and clarify her goth comment :yes:

Whoa, I totally wasn't thinking when I wrote that, at all. Now I feel real bad. It was really a self-deprecating and sarcastic comment more than anything, as in my group of friends we use the word "gothic" to describe our mood when it's depressed or angsty or whatever, and I was feeling paticularly
gothic that day, and I don't feel too good today either. But there's no way any of you could have known that and so the comment really made no sense and it got taken completely the wrong way. My sincerest apologies.

For the record, my only beef with the gothic culture is the dumb kids at my school who listen to Slipknot and think they're really "hardcore" because they do drugs and shop at Hot Topic. Talk about perpetuating a stereotype. They're real jerks, but obviosuly not every gothic person is that way and that's not really what goth is at all, they just like to throw around the word every chance they get because apparently goth=cool.

Again, sorry, really didn't mean to come off as such an asshole (though I am one).

Oh, and I've never punched anyone in my life. My threats are about as menacing as a screaming flower that's like dying ever hour or something. Especially considering I've seen someone with a "Kill Bono" shirt and I did nothing.

AtomicBono said:
Whoa, I totally wasn't thinking when I wrote that, at all. Now I feel real bad. It was really a self-deprecating and sarcastic comment more than anything, as in my group of friends we use the word "gothic" to describe our mood when it's depressed or angsty or whatever, and I was feeling paticularly
gothic that day, and I don't feel too good today either. But there's no way any of you could have known that and so the comment really made no sense and it got taken completely the wrong way. My sincerest apologies.

For the record, my only beef with the gothic culture is the dumb kids at my school who listen to Slipknot and think they're really "hardcore" because they do drugs and shop at Hot Topic. Talk about perpetuating a stereotype. They're real jerks, but obviosuly not every gothic person is that way and that's not really what goth is at all, they just like to throw around the word every chance they get because apparently goth=cool.

Again, sorry, really didn't mean to come off as such an asshole (though I am one).

Thanks for this, chica :) I didn't think that it's what you really meant and I know you're not really like that.

I don't blame you for having something against the trendies who shop at Not Gothic. They wouldn't know goth culture if it hit them upside the head and forced them into a real goth nightclub. If they think Slipknot makes them goth, then they have no idea what they're talking about. Personally, Slipknot and that whole sector scares the shit out of me.

well if you guys dont like that, then you probably shouldnt go to www.tshirthell.com , most noteably the 'worse than hell' section...

dont say i didnt warn you...

Last edited:
HelloAngel said:

Thanks for this, chica :) I didn't think that it's what you really meant and I know you're not really like that.

I don't blame you for having something against the trendies who shop at Not Gothic. They wouldn't know goth culture if it hit them upside the head and forced them into a real goth nightclub. If they think Slipknot makes them goth, then they have no idea what they're talking about. Personally, Slipknot and that whole sector scares the shit out of me.

Not Gothic :lmao:

for the record, I've gotten some good shirts there :wink: Rage Against the Machine, John Lennon, Interpol...

tshirthell actually amuses me. Some of the shirts are really bad, but some of them are pretty funny, like "I'm here to kill you - next time keep that chain letter going." The stuff in Worsethanhell is pretty horrible, though.

I saw someone wearing this T shirt at the weekend! He was working at a club and I saw it and said "You've got a Make Bono History T shirt" and he said "yes, yes I have.." and my friends were like "you don't like Bono?? She loves U2!!" (pointing at me) then he said "U2 are the biggest heap of shit I've ever heard." So I gave him the dirtiest look while I paid for my ticket and he laughed at me a bit and then said sorry. If there wasn't a sheet of glass in front of him I'd have given him a good slapping. :mad:

{paintedroses} said:
I saw someone wearing this T shirt at the weekend! He was working at a club and I saw it and said "You've got a Make Bono History T shirt" and he said "yes, yes I have.." and my friends were like "you don't like Bono?? She loves U2!!" (pointing at me) then he said "U2 are the biggest heap of shit I've ever heard." So I gave him the dirtiest look while I paid for my ticket and he laughed at me a bit and then said sorry. If there wasn't a sheet of glass in front of him I'd have given him a good slapping. :mad:

WTF!!! What an arsehole! Some folks have no taste at all:no:
How could you think one of the greatest bands in the world is crap. I bet he has no taste in music at all:madspit:

So sorry you could not reach behind that counter and wack his ass:rant:

I am so glad you can laugh at shit like that. I do not find it funny at all:shrug:

gareth brown said:
why all the moaning? it's only a joke.

though I'd sooner have 'Make Doherty History'

I usually don't get worked up over stuff...but I see this as possible threat to a life...thats not ok.

Carmelu2fan said:

WTF!!! What an arsehole! Some folks have no taste at all:no:
How could you think one of the greatest bands in the world is crap. I bet he has no taste in music at all:madspit:

So sorry you could not reach behind that counter and wack his ass:rant:

Nah I wouldn't really get that worked up about it. It was a pretty heavy metal club so I guess he just wasn't a fan of "chart-friendly" rock.. :shrug:

{paintedroses} said:

Nah I wouldn't really get that worked up about it. It was a pretty heavy metal club so I guess he just wasn't a fan of "chart-friendly" rock.. :shrug:

Well I guess not:huh: I still think what he said was pretty tacky. I guess the dirty loook you gave him was enough then.:|

Back
Top Bottom