JOIN ME IN BOYCOTTING 11-SONG U2 albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tviceman

Babyface
Listen, this album is fantastic, but 49 minutes is not enough U2 for me! This is now two 11 song albums in a row, and I'm once again left with the feeling that I wish there was just one more song. I know fast cars will be in the UK, but why can't it just be world wide?

Who else is with me on this?

I feel the album is fine at the length it is at...and I dont feel that there would have been a better closing track then Yawheh.....Fast Cars being heavy with guitars like they are talking about wouldnt really fit as the final track on this record.

hahahhahahahhahhahahahaha.

nah, it's not really that funny.

well... yeah it is.

I've come to expect eleven songs. I don't mind it at all. In fact, I'm so tuned to U2's 11 songs, that albums with much more than that feel too long.

The attitudes of "we want a ROCK album" and "eleven songs are too few" REALLY piss me off.

Quality over 'rawk' and quantity, folks.

In the end, this doesnt really matter to me. Its all about the quality of the album. If you look at Led Zeppelin, IV had only 8 tracks, I dont want that album any different. Its near perfection. Then theres the Chilli Peppers, they have the opposite habit. Releasing 16-18 songs on an album and 5 or 6 are complete fillers, throw away songs. 10-11 are always very good, they should just put out albums like u2 do. They could then maybe grow into classics.

You can always buy the version with Fast cars - add Are you gonna wait forever and you've got 13 new songs. (and we're only at the first single)

Re: Re: JOIN ME IN BOYCOTTING 11-SONG U2 albums

martha said:

This poor guy is fucked!

He can no longer listen to:
Boy
October
War
UF
UABRS
JT
Zooropa
ATYCLB

Language Timothy!!!

I would have complained about album length but knowing Fast Cars will be out there and the positive reviews it got, I'm pretty satisfied so far. Mercy is supposed to be the greatest b-side (as said by serial/ habitual liar, Bono) so add that song to the list. IMO, all of the songs on HTDAAB have been great to listen to. No, clunkers... so I'm fine with the album length now.

Last edited:
martha said:
You're right. I should've spelled out the album names. :shame:

:lol:

If U2 made a longer album we wouldn't have gotten Bomb until 2008 :lol: seriously though Bono has the theory that "too much of a good thing can be bad." My attitude is "Too much is not enough!" :D I see what he means though, it's easy to get U2-overload... too much awesomeness can do ya in. :wink: I think around 11 tracks is a good formula for albums in general and it works well for U2... I'm not gonna complain about the number of songs, especially when they're ALL bloody brilliant.

bonojr62 said:
At least its not Zooropa with a giant 10 tracks

No, 10 tracks are alright. We're only boycotting albums with 11 tracks because such a number is teenybopperish. You know, '!!!!!!11!!!!11' and all.

Listing the number of songs is stupid anyway. Disc one of Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti is 6 songs, but still 40 minutes, much longer than Weezer's 13 song Maladroit.

JT, ATYCLB and HTDAAB (as well as the 10 song Zooropa) are all about 50 minutes. That is not a short album, not particularly long, but certainly not short.

Just be happy they are still making albums (and great ones too!) while going into middle age.

Back
Top Bottom