Joe Cocker just murdered 'One' on Jay Leno

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aardvark747 said:

Although...Shine on you Crazy Diamond springs to mind, and that solo is just...:drool:

Dick Parry:rockon:

Yeah! :up:

As for Joe Cocker, I only know that Beatles cover, With a Little Help From My Friends. I like that one, maybe more so cos it reminds me of The Wonder Years. :heart:

Flying FuManchu said:

It's Joe Cocker evolving and improving as a singer. Joe use to just belt it out but now he's singing with soul. Also, he can't get it right every night. Just like Bono can't get it right every night he sings.

I can agree with your comments. I just thought he seemed 'strained' somehow last night and was curious about his health and was commenting on that. :up:

They just reran the show on NBC Up All Night, and I caught the performance. I rather enjoyed it. He doesn't have a 'good' voice, but he never has, so it was a good Joe Cocker version.

I'm glad I got to see it.

I'll probably get flamed to hell and back several times for saying this... but, much as I admire Johnny Cash and appreciate his music, I didn't like his version of One. I think I may be the only person in the world that fells that way, so now I'm going to :reject:

Back
Top Bottom