JJ72

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
smile.gif
welcome to the fan club

i was serious!
i saw them support U2 in londond and at slane and they were awesome. read some cool articles about them in hot press too.

you're lucky you're getting a tour!

Have to agree with all, simply a great band!!! I saw them at Slane as well and just got there album. Can't stop listening to it!!!!

ummm...I'm interested. What are they like, who would you compare them to, what style are they???

------------------
If you take a drive, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I'll tax your heat
If you talk a walk, I'll tax your feet
I'm the taxman!

I saw them last Monday open for Stereophonics and it was AWFUL!! He couldn't sing, sort of chanted/yelled with his eyes squeezed shut the whole time, I found their attitude to be snobby on stage, and the music was only okay.... except that at the end of every freaking song the lead guitarist would smash the chords of the guitar so it screeched and gave this AWFUL feedback noise, and then the bassist started doing that too and it would just screech for about 3 full minutes. ugh. Thumbs down from me, sorry.

------------------
I need something strong to distract my mind
I'm gonna look at you 'til my eyes go blind

Take Me...Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Wow - thats weird you thought they sucked. I saw them open for Stereophonics in NY, actually it was JUST the lead singer, he did an acoustic set and wow it was amazing. Amazing voice, he switches from high to low perfectly, I would have to say better than Bono's just because it's so creative. The pitch of his voice is weird - but when you listen to the songs carefully it blows you away. Their lyrics are GREAT too, and their debut album is outstanding. Here's to JJ72: Keep rockin!

------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, live like there is no tomorrow, dance like no one is watching." --Bono

"The only limits are the limits of our imagination. Dream up the kind of world you want to live in. Dream out loud. At high VOLUME".

yeah, these guys truly ROCK! i've had the album for over a year and it's fantastic, especially as a debut effort. saw them live a few months back at bowery ballroom and saw mark greaney do a small acoustic set fri afternoon at the virgin megastore in union square. he's amazing--certainly one of the best young talents in music today. and they are young, all of them around 21 years old. if you haven't heard them, they're a lot like smashing pumpkins--from the power chords and lullabys to the distinct vocal style and even the girl on bass reminds me of d'arcy on stage. for those who already have the album, check out some of the b-sides, they're very good as well. JJ72 KICKS ASS!

------------------
"and though i can't say why, i know i've got to believe"

I'll have to agree. I saw them open for Stereophonics at the House of Blues in LA last month. I thought they were amazing. I actually liked them better than Stereophonics!

They're a great band, underrated in my opinion and I hope they get some recognition in the states!

Originally posted by baker6621:
Amazing voice, he switches from high to low perfectly, I would have to say better than Bono's just because it's so creative.

icon30.gif

lol oh well to each his own!

------------------
If I could through myself set your spirit free
I'd lead your heart away See you break, break away

Take Me Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

"The way I might look at you" ~Adam

Kelis..pain..torture...set that lasted an hour too long...get me out of this crowd now before i kill someone...
kelis please stop singing now before storm the stage to eliminate you all with every blow up toy i can find in the crowd...

Jezebel, you said it honey

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Kelis..pain..torture...set that lasted an hour too long...get me out of this crowd now before i kill someone...
kelis please stop singing now before storm the stage to eliminate you all with every blow up toy i can find in the crowd...

Jezebel, you said it honey

LMAO - they were terrible, possibly the worst thing I have ever heard "I hate you so much right now," what the hell was that?

Originally posted by DiGi:
LMAO - they were terrible, possibly the worst thing I have ever heard "I hate you so much right now," what the hell was that?

LOL!!!!!!!! Was that not the worst song you have EVER heard in your life!!!!!!!! I remember my husband & I looking at each other and bursting out laughing!!!!!!!

I have to agree that they rock! I saw Mark open for Stereophonics on Thursday. Must have been hard to get up there by himself - but he did a good job. I saw them in London, Slane, at Bowery and opening for Coldplay too! They are definately one of my new favorite bands out there!

------------------
...Its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else...

Originally posted by jezebel:
LOL!!!!!!!! Was that not the worst song you have EVER heard in your life!!!!!!!! I remember my husband & I looking at each other and bursting out laughing!!!!!!!

Worst EVER, no ? about it. My friends Ed, Elizabeth and I still joke about it to this day. We will just stop sometimes and say "I hate you so much right now"

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
They seem to be hugely popular in Ireland. The crowd went nuts at Slane, when they came on.

Although...the crowd at Slane were pretty nuts in general.

well, we were there, right??
biggrin.gif

I love soem of their songs as well and they played well in Slane. Does anybody know if they are recording again?

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

They definitely recording again AM,dunno when, think I heard they had a new album finished, not sure though. I like em, but not as into them as I was. Saw em 2 summers ago and they were great, alot better than their Slane performance, thought they were a bit off that day and not really coping with the huge crowd. The album is a bit shite too, they are talented, and got promise, but I have kinda grown tired of his whine.

Back
Top Bottom