Jesus Christ!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Cat Gav

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!

No I am not blaspheming for the sake of it!
I recently got an internet savvy friend of mine to download a whole load of U2 songs I hadn't heard in donkey's years.

The one that has hit me first is Jesus Christ, their cover of an old Woody Guthrie song I think. I didn't hear this n 10 years or more and my goodness it is incredible! Maybe to the unreligious this song sounds a bit silly. But I am a man who has fallen a little from my faith but am ever mindful of the God I often ignore...this track though really stirs my soul!!! Bono's voice has rarely sounded better, so raw and so true! Plus the drumming is incredible! Is this really Larry? Sounds far too good to be the Larry we've met over the last few years!!!!

This song is amazing.

It's a great track. I've always enjoyed it.

It was originally released on the Folkways CD, which was a tribute to Woody Guthrie and Leadbelly. It's a cool CD, with both Dylan and Springsteen on there as well. Hard to find now, though.

If a church played this, I'd delay my swift departure by about ten seconds.

One of my favorite U2 performances ever. Very left-wing, that song. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

While the poor, working people sing and shout praise, the cops, soldiers, bankers and preachers nail Christ to the cross. It's no less true today.

Larry kills on this song. Makes me wish that U2 would've pursued the American roots thing a bit more before getting burned on Rattle and Hum.

Back
Top Bottom