January Interferencer of the Month: bri2k!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
This month's Interferencer of the Month is also late in receiving his award.

Back in November, during the extended weekend of America's Thanksgiving holiday, a U.S. retailer known as Best Buy offered an exclusive CD of 3 audio tracks from the U2 Live in Boston Elevation DVD. These CDs were only available in-store at best Buy the Saturday after Thanksgiving, during a promo sale, but they were free.

For members of the web-based community known as www.interference.com who were for one reason unable to get a CD (didn't live near Best Buy, whatever), bri2k went to his local Best Buy store where there was oddly NOT a rush on the free CDs, and got what he could, and offered to mail them out to interested parties, for the cost of postage IF recipients could afford it. He sent them as far away as Ireland, and did it ALL to help fellow U2 fans get a gem such as this.

He is not one who posts much, and indeed that was the first thing I had ever noticed him post, but a simple act such as that garners the criteria for my autonomously-issued "Interferencer of the Month" Award.

Congratulations, bri2k.

~U2Alabama

Well, I don't really know bri2k, but that was a really cool thing to do.

------------------
"Baby...can we still be friends?"

Very well done bri2k-a wonderful gesture indeed on your part.
smile.gif

Congrats on the Bama award!

Hey-it's not the Grammies, but the Bammies.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 01-13-2002).]

bri2k please email me,
i've got some 'splainin' to do
smile.gif

davemay@rogers.com

------------------
there are only 2 universal languages: mathematics and love

That was very sweet of you to do, bri2k.

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

Hey thanks everyone, I didnt even know there were "awards" here on this site. But really, it was my pleasure, I have been back to Best Buy a couple of times and the last time I was there, they still had a ton of cds. Maybe I will grab some the next time I am there (well actually shove them in my girlfriend's purse).
I will let you know, but for now, how many out there want one that did not get one (just to see if there is enough interest).
I don't usually post in this forum but you can usually find me in the MP3 forum.

Thanks again
Brian

Hey everyone

I have a new proposition for you all in the mp3 section, check it out if you are interested.

Brian

Well, I don't know bri2k but congrats and that was cool of yah!

------------------
"Rhythm is the sex of music" - Edge

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Back
Top Bottom