Jan. 3rd, Latest U2 Video to air on Qtv ? / First single release speculation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ if there was one last week though, how come they advertised this one specifically on the site over a week ago?

wishful thinking... just frustrating!

^ if there was one last week though, how come they advertised this one specifically on the site over a week ago?

wishful thinking... just frustrating!

To get viewers, seriously guys it's a tv station they haven't lied to us at all, they just worded the truth in a way to get ratings. I honestly don't even get why anyone expected them to show the new video; seriously Q gets less than 0.1% of the tv audience, U2 are a tad bigger than that

One way or the other we should get to hear/see GYBO this week and hopefully 'Winter' by the end of the month. The wait is killing me, Dave Fanning normally gets the first airing on 2FM in Ireland.

I just send Dave Fanning (Dave@ rte.ie) the following e-mail;

** I'm sure he won't reply, but you never know **

Hey Dave,

When are you going to play the new U2 single? I'm sure you'll be the first to play 'Get Your Boots On' (How close is the attached to the finished version)????? (Beach clip attached)

(Massive U2 fan).

P.S. Whats the album like? I'm sure you've heard it by now......go on spill the beans or even better play the full album 8 weeks before it's due out, nobody will notice!!!!!!!!!

Hey Dave,

When are you going to play the new U2 single? I'm sure you'll be the first to play 'Get Your Boots On' (How close is the attached to the finished version)????? (Beach clip attached)

(Massive U2 fan).

P.S. Whats the album like? I'm sure you've heard it by now......go on spill the beans or even better play the full album 8 weeks before it's due out, nobody will notice!!!!!!!!!

Very cool indeed ! Gonna be great if he´d reply :applaud:

It's all so quiet... we had Vertigo 2 months before the album, so i think we are almost there. One thing that is a little strange is that we don't have even the single name yet. :huh:

It's all so quiet... we had Vertigo 2 months before the album, so i think we are almost there. One thing that is a little strange is that we don't have even the single name yet. :huh:

Your right everyting is very quiet, the single will probably be GYBO, but it mightn't be either, all will become clear very soon.

Hey Dave,

(Massive U2 fan).

I set up a conference once with him many moons ago, he was a cool guy, so he may answer. :)

Its strange because the wording in the magazine was much clearer and didn't even hint that they'd have the first play of the video. Besides, a radio station will have first play of the single before anything happens with the vid, unless U2.com premieres it or something.

i have a feeling its gonna be on dave fannings show either next wednesday or thursday... just a hunch...

To be fair Q are ALWAYS having "U2 days" where they play their back catalogue or certain hits, in fact there was one just last week. This isn't an unusual thing for the average Q viewer :shrug:

Yeah, I said before today this wouldn't be a special day for U2's new single. I was just confirming, for all those who don't have access to the channel, that they shouldn't get their hopes up. This is "U2 Month", and Q are specifically doing that to flog more copies of their new issue, which is understandable and to be expected.

By the way, who watches music TV channels these days!?! There are so many of them, and they're almost all absolute rubbish!

Hey Dave,

(Massive U2 fan).

I'm sure the added punctuation will really entice him to reply.

oh paalllleeassssss they were never going to play a new video there! C'mon we don't even know what the new single will be yet for sure nor do we know the dates/formats etc so why would they drop a new video in a place that is only viewed by a very small percentage of the population? Give it time we will surely have a new song by the end of this month and if not atleast we will have the info for the new single by month's end.

Kind of shitty of them to word that press release the way they did. Q made it seem like they were going to have the new video. I don't think any of us were that far off to believe that they were going to play it. I mean, c'mon...they put out a huge article interviewing the band in the studio working on the new material. They previewed a bunch of songs and put together a mini site about the band to boot. Its not that much of a stretch to think that two months before the new album comes out that they were going to debut the video.

:down:

So what was their "latest video" then?

I'm pretty sure they stopped at Window in the Skies. They got to there and then went to an ad break. They have only been playing "hit" singles, so I doubt very much they'll have anything like I Believe in Father Christmas at any stage through the day.

Translated from U2 Eastlink forum:

The next few days (next few hours?) Should finally allow U2 fans feed its growing appetite. French radio, RTL2 and Virgin Radio, yesterday announced the imminent spread of the new single from U2, which should be "Get Your Boots On". While the tracklist of the album "No Line On The Horizon" seems confirmed since the publication of the magazine "Q", so we have to have a little patience madness udositis to take hold of us.

Translated from U2 Eastlink forum:

The next few days (next few hours?) Should finally allow U2 fans feed its growing appetite. French radio, RTL2 and Virgin Radio, yesterday announced the imminent spread of the new single from U2, which should be "Get Your Boots On". While the tracklist of the album "No Line On The Horizon" seems confirmed since the publication of the magazine "Q", so we have to have a little patience madness udositis to take hold of us.

OH FUCK YEAH! :applaud:

BTW, two more posts for you and you'll be at 6,666 :macdevil:

lol at the post count.

of course everyone, take this with a grain of salt. the rumor came from a spanish website, though Eastlink has been pretty reliable in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom