Jan. 3rd, Latest U2 Video to air on Qtv ? / First single release speculation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that puts a dampener on the 160 or so members currently veiwing this forum ...

You live in Sydney, it's no doubt hot and sunny. I'm living in Scotland, in winter. At least you can spend the day on the beach, or taking in some of the festival (if it's started yet?), whereas I'll be staring out of my centrally heated living room window, hoping that a ray of sunshine might appear to slightly lessen my S.A.D., and generally melancholic mood, being only slightly enhanced by an array of U2 videos I've seen a million times before. I have no sympathy :no:

You live in Sydney, it's no doubt hot and sunny. I'm living in Scotland, in winter. At least you can spend the day on the beach, or taking in some of the festival (if it's started yet?), whereas I'll be staring out of my centrally heated living room window, hoping that a ray of sunshine might appear to slightly lessen my S.A.D., and generally melancholic mood, being only slightly enhanced by an array of U2 videos I've seen a million times before. I have no sympathy :no:

:lol: Well actually its quite overcast here, the Sydney festival doesn't start till the 10th, my washing machine is broken, my friend just informed me that we missed out on tickets for the Fleet Foxes, and I just put some cinnamin and hazelnut syrup in my coffee that tasted like cat piss. So don't be to jealous!

:lol: Well actually its quite overcast here, the Sydney festival doesn't start till the 10th, my washing machine is broken, my friend just informed me that we missed out on tickets for the Fleet Foxes, and I just put some cinnamin and hazelnut syrup in my coffee that tasted like cat piss. So don't be to jealous!

:lol: Oh dear, missing out on the Fleet Foxes is a shame....cat piss is under-rated though!

Oooh, the Fleet Foxes are amazing live. You should try to scalp some tickets. Even Adam loved them (and maybe Edge--he sounded a bit noncommittal).

Oooh, the Fleet Foxes are amazing live. You should try to scalp some tickets. Even Adam loved them (and maybe Edge--he sounded a bit noncommittal).

I think their's was my favourite album of 2008. I'm pretty pissed off that I missed out, but they're down under for festival season so I might still get to see them.

i scooped bloc party tix for march 14 in toronto.

ion square reminds me of that reversing-looping tune off of the salome outtakes bootleg (although a bit faster tempo with bloc party)

There is no way Q will show the new video. They would be promoting it like Hell and I've been watching it this morning and they are not. U2: All The Videos starts at 1pm and finishes at 4pm GMT. So their "latest" video should show at around 4pm. Probably Window in the Skies. :sad:

I heared boots last night in my dreams. It is very good, not breathtaking though.
enjoy

I think their's was my favourite album of 2008. I'm pretty pissed off that I missed out, but they're down under for festival season so I might still get to see them.

I agree--along with Deerhunter's Microcastle, Fleet Foxes debut was my favorite of the year. I saw them in Paris and they were amazing--sounds like you still have a chance to catch them, which is great!

^ k, iv missed all the fun waiting, and it looks like absolutely nothin hppened while I was gone...

Less than 2 months from the album, and we dont even have name.air date of the first single???

Well, the album's name is No Line on the Horizon as expected, if that's what you mean.

Whether the first single will air today or not is not certain but it would fit in with the routine U2 has had, to air the first single exactly two months from the album's release.

So its what? 1:30? in the UK? can anyone give us an update as to whats on QTV? can I give up hope and go to bed?

Just in case anyone still has hope they are describing the show as "From first to last this is U2's video BACK CATALOGUE"

^, yeh sorry, maybe i wasnt clear. Was only referring to the single name. Well aware of the name of the album. and the point about it being less than two months was me saying that it is wierd that they have left it this long.

thanks though

I hear the whole album every night in my dreams, start to finish.

It's amazing.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember the songs, so I cannot give any details.

it is so annoying to not remember the song I heared. Even more annoying is the fact that I KNOW how it sounds but am not able to translate it to a normal frequency in my brain.

if that sentence makes no sense, I fully understand.

QTV's U2 Day* is basically a glorified advert for the new Q Magazine. :down:

*As Sponsored by the KFC HotRod Variety Bucket

To be fair Q are ALWAYS having "U2 days" where they play their back catalogue or certain hits, in fact there was one just last week. This isn't an unusual thing for the average Q viewer :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom