Jan. 3rd, Latest U2 Video to air on Qtv ? / First single release speculation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sometime next week will be U2's week! Just a hunch.

:lol: Sorry we all typed the exact same thing at once. Some of us are starting to get on the same wavelength after months of checking this section every 5 minutes.

Exactly. I'm beginning to question my own sanity--I think I know more about these clips and new songs than about what I'm doing/supposed to be doing at work.

I wouldn't bother. I'd say there is less than 0.001 percent chance of seeing the new video.

I know. Im more hopeful about seeing the alternative When Love Comes To Town than anything. :/

Was it WLCTT? I think it was...the one where Bono storms around backstage. And someone dances with a stuffed bear. I hope I didnt dream this. :|

I know. Im more hopefully about seeing the alternative When Love Comes To Town than anything. :/

Was it WLCTO? I think it was...the one where Bono storms around backstage. And someone dances with a stuffed bear. I hope I didnt dream this. :|

Yes on the Bono storming. Can't remember the bear though :lol:

I have the vid, need to go check that out now :hmm:

just to clarrify one thing
the thread related on the supposed Dublin listenning party on our beloved french forum was complete BS
if the u2 camp don't throw a bone in the coming days, some folks will loose a serious amount of mental habilities

the thread related on the supposed Dublin listenning party on our beloved french forum was complete BS
if the u2 camp don't throw a bone in the coming days, some folks will loose a serious amount of mental habilities

ha! well, good. at least we can put some of the negativity to rest regarding that.

anywho, is this Q thing starting at 1pm Ireland time or US time? i'll listen just because i have nothing better to do while my wife is at work.

Is it only me who is getting really exicited at how many different songs are being touted as brilliant! from what i read i have heard:-

Moment of Surrender - U2 classic the albums 'one'
Breathe - classical and brilliant
Stand Up - Should of been the lead single
Magnificent - Sounded the best on the beech clips
Unkown Caller - sounds catchy and very melodic
Get on your boots - is the lead single so must be decent!

Nearly every song has has positive remarks!

Yeah, totally. Whilst they're not exactly going to work tirelessly on a bunch of songs they think are shit, I am excited by the possibilty of a few really strong singles being released. I reckon this is why the March release seems acceptable - because they know that the follow-up single will give album sales a huge spike, meaning they'll still cash in on the festive season. I'd guess the follow-up might be Moment of Surrender, but only if a radio-friendly length is mixed.

It all kicks off at 9am UK (Ireland) time right through til Sunday Morning. The Q thing is 1pm.

Type U2 into SEARCH: Programme or ChannelTV Listings - Sky TV

I seriously doubt Q will get the scoop on the first play of the video, the first airing of the song full stop actually, on top of getting the scoop with the first major interview and first photo shoot - seems a little excessive! I'll be listening to BBC Radio One on Monday, and keeping my fingers crossed.

oh, nevermind. i didn't know that Q was actually a TV channel in Ireland. i thought this was all going to be on their website.

so i'm a little confused. the Q thing starts at 1? or it starts at 9am until 1pm?

The day is split-up into different segments, but "from 1pm" is the time where Q said the "latest" video would be played. This might be a few hours after 1, as in that part of the day they are playing EVERY U2 video (supposedly)!

No way they show the new U2 video. Why would U2 go out of their way with Q? Unless we get something from U2.com shortly stating the release of the single, which would then follow up nicely with the video being shown on Q....

I just think it's way too quiet, but maybe U2 are changing their hype methods this time.

^Yeah, I really am VERY impressed about how quiet the band have been about this album. Very few articles & interviews, many of which were with Lanois & people outside the 4. As much as it kills on the inside in terms of anticipation, I kind of like it.....

I hope you are all proven wrong and they do play the new video, I dont see the single being delayed more then another few weeks at most.

Is there a way of streaming this online? Or is Q just broadcast on the Irish national television circuit?

What are people getting so excited about? according to some random this album sounds just like ATYCLB and HTDAAB, with nothing special, and only getting minimal exposure in hot press magazine?

"sarcastic"

I just checked the synopsis for each part of the U2 Day, and there is no mention of the new single - if they were going to show it, surely they would make more of an effort to advertise the fact? There are so many music channels to compete against, and to not make any attempt whatsoever to promote this exclusive showing would be disingenuous to say the least. Personally I'd sack the entire QTV marketing department for being completely inept!

I just checked the synopsis for each part of the U2 Day, and there is no mention of the new single - if they were going to show it, surely they would make more of an effort to advertise the fact? There are so many music channels to compete against, and to not make any attempt whatsoever to promote this exclusive showing would be disingenuous to say the least. Personally I'd sack the entire QTV marketing department for being completely inept!

Well that puts a dampener on the 160 or so members currently veiwing this forum ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom