James Split

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shit, that is bad news. I've only got The Best Of, but i listened to it recently for the first time in a while and remembered why i thought they were so good in the first place! Sit Down, Laid, Runaground, Sound, How Was It For You, Sometimes, my favourites from that CD. I know that they released a new album earlier this year which didn't do too well. Soon the British public ARE gonna be left with nuthin but plastic pre-packed shite-for-a-tune music, and it'll be the fault of the people who don't care about bands like James. I've said enough. Smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.

Mysprit.

This sucks- I really love James and subsequently now I am never going to be able to see them live, what a bummer, anyway think I will go listen to Millionaires now and think about what I am missing out on, but hey I think that Tim will do some nice solo stuff, so that at least will be interesting to look forward to
smile.gif

This is not good. They are such a great band live! Alas, their recent record has not done the business... still, good to see Blue doing so well!!

I am soooooo bummed out!!

Living in the U.S., I haven't had the opportunity to see James live. I've got a few bootlegs but It's not the same as being there!

I've been a fan since 1992 (Seven).

This is a sad day for rock n'roll!

Damn.

This has not been a good year or so for rock bands. The Pumpkins, now James.

"Last of the rock stars", I suppose.

But, all good things must come to an end. From what little I've heard from the band (the Best Of), they were amazing, and I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Tim Booth.

But let's not mourn. Let's make this a celebratory wake -- like the Irish (band fans) that we are!

So, what are you're favorite James songs?

Mine are...

Laid
Say Something
She's a Star
Tomorrow
Out to Get You
Runaground
Sometimes

In a word, James ROCKS.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

I believe in truth, beauty, freedom, and -- above all things -- love.

Real Sad News. 2nd Fav Band and one of the best live acts around. Well, I'll be there in Manchester for the last tour - last hometown show should be an emotional night.

Best tracks:

Fred Astaire
Tomorrow
Medieval
Top of the World
Don't wait that long
What For
Come Home
Sometimes.....

The british group James are to split after the arena tour in December
frown.gif

James have been around almost as long as U2 are like U2 are awesome live..

Tim Booth is leaving the group after the tour do do other stuff.

I know there are a few James fans on here so thought I would let you know..

Good bands are dropping like flies, soon all we will be left with is manufactured crap..
frown.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Noooo!!!!!! You're kidding me!

I love James...oh this is so sad...

Maybe they were disillusioned by the fact that Robbie Williams was voted the all-time greatest act by the British public.
rolleyes.gif

(I mean he's fun, quirky and has catchy music but the greatest musician ever?? from a country that's produced the likes of Zeppelin, Stones, Radiohead, Verve and of course, Mr Bowie!)

A sad state of affairs indeed.

Glad to see other James fans on this board
smile.gif

Five 0 - Awesome
Sometimes
Hymn from a village
Don't wait that long
Out to get you
Crescendo
All good boys
Sunday Morning - cool cover
Fine
Come Home

all fantastic songs,

I will be seeing them in Newcastle and with a lot of luck Wembley - The Final gig
frown.gif
Should be top shows anyway...

The other band members may well carry on without Tim but without him ..well its not really James is it.. Its like U2 without Bono

These new smilies are pretty cool btw
smile.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

Tragic...........
No more mad Tim flailing around like a lunatic on stage.

No more Out to get you, Say Something, Laid, Lullaby.....
Oh well when you gotta go you gotta go.
Ciao
frown.gif

------------------
Stimulate with intent

Back
Top Bottom