I've heard three versions of Electrical Storm now which is which

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MDFan

The Fly
I heard the BBC one with the "radio 1"

I heard one that sounds like the bbc one, but instead of an acoustic strumming chords in the beginning, there's an electric guitar strumming chords

Then I heard one with just one guitar in the beginning picking notes.

Which is which and where can I download them.

Have you heard the William Orbit Mix that sounds like something from Madonna's Ray of Light album?? Well you can, I've resurrected http://www.u2la.com

This is the one played before the other XRT one, the one DJ said was the Orbit mix. Some guy uploaded it to me. It-s cool but I like it the least...

P.S. Please dont post the link anywhere cuz I dont want to have my server shut down by too much traffic...

U2LA,

Thanks for posting the Orbit Mix. The song seems to be missing the last 30 seconds.

I get a length of 3:55 and a file size of 5.5 MB is this correct?

Thanks Again.

My favorite one was the one with two guitars in the beginning. One strumming chords and one picking notes. Both guitars are electric. It sounds like the demo one, except the demo has an acoustic one in the beginning. Which version is this and where can I download it? Also, which one is the one with just an electric guitar picking notes in the beginning? No second guitar strumming.

Huhhhuuhh?????????? :shocked: This is completely different! THIS is going to be the one on the album??? I'm not sure I understand that, but I may need to listen to it a lot more.

I do like it :cool:

Please let us know if anyone finds the full version (with the last half minute or so).

we all know what the demo sounds like with the "radio 1"

Then I downloaded a song, but it was a crappy version. I could hear a guitar picking some notes in the beginning. Then it slows down, it almost sounded like the live Peace on earth before Walk on. Then it kicks in.

The other version I heard was like this and the demo. Almost like a combo.
It had two electric guitars. One picking the notes like the second song, and a second electric strumming the same chords just like in the demo.

Does that make sense

Mark, I don't feel that the Orbit Mix will be on the album. One because every picture I've seen of the Promo CD shows the Orbit Mix in the second slot. How many singles have the main song as the 2nd song? Not too many....now that doesn't mean that they won't have a single version and an album version, but I haven't seen that. Have I missed something?

The best version is the one that most of the radio stations are playing. I figure that one will be on the album.....but if not, go buy the single. The radio version rocks!

Difference in two verions of Electrical Storm outisde of the different use of guitars and sounds

Orbit Mix

Added the chorus of "Electrical Storm, Electrical Storm .. Baby Don't Cry" at 1:05 that the single version does not have.

The ending of "Baby Don't Cry" is only repeated twice instead of 4 times in the single version.

The ending guitar/jam session is 10 seconds shorter than single version.

Oi.. ok the version they had on u2france (wxrt) I think is my favorite.. with the two guitars in the beginning. I really like the two guitars at the beginning.

The one they've been playing on my radio station is very mellow in the beginning.. I guess with just the strumming guitar. That's probly my least favorite next to the demo.

I'm dling the orbit mix now... thanks camillo.

Ok just got in and saw this. I dont know where the end went but my guess is that there is not enough space on my server to host the full thing, I will work on this over the weekend, I need to add space or something, I'm working now so I should be able to afford it.

www.u2world.com have all the right mp3s

Now finally I have heard both the versions.The shorter one is the album version (4:16) and the longer one is the Single Mix.Its now up on www.u2world.com.

Album version: synth intro followed acoustic guitars and no guitars in the bridge with shorter outro

Single Mix: electric guitar intro, mini guitar solo in the bridge and longer outro

The most remarkable thing is that drumming and bass is more or less same in all the versions.

That makes a total of THREE versions(including the demo) right? And one of those ones floating around with just the one cool Edgey guitrar, is it true that was just a recording out of one speaker? I really liked the way the guitar sounded that way!

Oh and I fixed the mp3 on my site now too, the complete Orbit mix is now up at http://www.u2la.com but its also the same one thats at U2World I'm sure...

thanks camilo! great quality and i must say: i think i like this version best. even though i am a huge guitar fan i think the mellow synths are great for the song.

Last edited:
Damn, I've ended up with four downloads. I could have a fifth if I wanted it but I'm getting so confused with these proliferating versions! I think I'm going to have to have the album before I know which version is going to be on the album. :laugh: :laugh: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom