I've heard some of the album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Numb1075 said:
Mother of all rock tunes "SCRAPPED"? damn !!

Again - that's bollox reporting. Nobody said that the song has been scrapped (to my knowledge), just that that isn't the name of a song. Isn't it 'Native Son' now?

Bejaysus...

Interesting that this site wasn't credited for the quote...it pretty much directly takes from my News piece. Lovely. :shrug:

Jim I wouldn't worry about it too much - the newspaper is just choosing not to credit sources - you haven't really done anything wrong by telling fans about your experience. Unless U2 made you sign an NDA, you are free to comment on your observations.

well we all know that bono tends to repeat himself from time to time... but this is a bit too close to what jim said for my tastes. looks very much like the "journalist" simply took quotes from different u2 fan sites, including interference, merged them together, and pawned them off as his own.

i say we revolt and expose this fraud for what he really is.

Yep - I'm thinking it's very possibly an amalgam of exactly what Headache said. Bono might be repeating himself to various people as a new "soundbyte quote" and the journo took other sites' information. :shrug:

Hey Jim
I wouldnt worry about it for your sake at all, you just cant control what gets out sometimes .. U2 know that as well when they talk to fans that things will probably leak, sometimes it works to your advantage sometimes not. It is prolly Bono using same quotes or this reporter picking up quotes form sources lilke Interference and not using sources which is crap, they never do mention a source.. and reporters sometimes can twist stories to make em sound better in the headlines.. hence Bono at a loss

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i think he's shawn vox's evil step brother

....but I haven't heard him mention Slash once......

I heard 'All Because of You' in my dream again. This time I didn't make out the silver metallic guitar riffs, but I did get to hear a lovely, hypnotic, yet fast percussion that infuses the song. The verse and the chorus were exactly the same as the last time I heard it. It's sung at a medium tempo, at a medium register...but it's one of those verse/chorus compositions that really gets into a groove, begging you to sing along...."All-BE-cause of...YOU". It's great. :up:

discothequeLP said:
Jim probably ran out of ideas to teas us with

Don't you just love beeing talked about almost as if you are not in the room! I really do prefer direct questions. Much more civilised.

Jim, try not to worry about the naysayers. People don't like not knowing something for sure, so they disregard it as though it is completely unfactual - a leap of faith on their part, really, but in a direction that is far less enjoyable, I say. If you're going to make a leap of faith, anyway, you may as well believe the better story!

By the way, how "produced" did the music sound to you? Was it stripped down garage style, or was it fattened up a bit? Also: Did it sound organically spiritual, as U2 does when everything - guitars, vocals, percussion, etc - come together to form a beautiful bliss, or did it sound contrived (as U2 sounds when they're trying too hard to please an intended audience)?

Michael Griffiths said:
or did it sound contrived (as U2 sounds when they're trying too hard to please an intended audience)?

on which tunes is this apparent?

I, for one, believe Jim.

He has in fact given us very little, hardly anything, just a snippet. Why so hard to believe? And why would he waste his time if it wasn't true?

hey JIM were there any guitar solos.

or just simple power cords?
did it sound like elevation (plese say no)

do you think it sounds better than achtung baby?

shaun vox said:
hey JIM were there any guitar solos.
I didn't hear any but I'm sure there will be...

or just simple power cords?
I heard no power chords.

did it sound like elevation (plese say no)
NO !

do you think it sounds better than achtung baby?

Impossible to say from only hearing a bit. But that bit sounded differnt to AB but the same quality.

YES !
It seems Edge created a whole new sound again..
Will make me crazy
:drool:
Thanks for the info Jim
Joy to all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom