It's that time again folks...HTDAAB taking on water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ponkine said:
Some fans don´t understand me. :(

jojoline: you say they´ve sold 7 million copies worlwide, the truth is they´ve sold 3 millions.

Neverthless I don´t think album sales means quality at all :no:

remember Britney´s "Baby One More Time" ? it sold more copies than Achtung Baby :ohmy:

Just take a look at the IMPORTANT things, I mean, not Bono´s glasses, not silly crappy iPod videos, not marketing nor album sales.

The most important thing for any band is: FANS OPINION, that´s clear. And fans opinion is clear: They feel ripped off by this overhyped album. Have you wonder why this album is getting their worst ratings ever ? :confused: WHY ? it´s clear this album isn´t a bomb, at least from fans outside this glasshouse. If this album would have been worthy, reviews would have been far better. MUSIC must be the most important thing, not propaganda nor marketing, neither iPod, etc, etc. And the music with this HTDAAB is just a trademarked failure delivery. Sad but True :sad:

I don´t know what´s going on, really. Most of Metallica´s fans, Sting´s fans, Oasis fans, Phil Collins fans, etc, etc can admit without no problem their artist are going downhill and their recent albums are just crap. But yet many U2 fans still don´t want to see what other bands fans are seeing it clearly: U2 are going downhill :ohmy:

Don´t get me wrong, I love U2 :heart: that´s the reason I can´t stand the fact they´re focused just in propaganda, iPod, pay per view www.u2.com, instead of being musicians. I can write far better songs. I don´t have enough money, I don´t have dark glasses and clothes... but I have something they don´t have anymore: Honesty, hard work and the truth. Just remember all those awful lies they said by the time this album was released, trying to increase it sales, shameful.

:(
Shit post,infact one of the shittiest posts in living memory...shameful:madspit:

doctorwho said:
I'm sure if this forum existed in 1987 or 1991, people would've been saying the same things about JT and AB. It's impossible to not compare to past albums.

We must remember that we've had nearly 18 years (!) to digest JT. Yes, it is a classic. It's not one of my personal favorite U2 albums, but there's no denying how strong of an album it is. We've also had over 13 years (!) to enjoy AB. Again, it too is a classic. With that much time, the songs on JT and AB have made a home in our hearts and heads - we can't imagine life without those songs; they have helped define who we are.

Poor HTDAAB hasn't even had 2 months (!!!!) since its release. The fact that we are comparing it to JT and AB is actually a tremendous compliment to HTDAAB.

People may dislike ATYCLB, but it was time for U2 to shift again. Just like we saw signs of U2 changing on R&H, we saw that on "Pop". Had U2 continued their experimentation this decade, they wouldn't have succeeded at all. Instead, "Beautiful Day" is now a song that's becoming part of our world.

HTDAAB needs time. There is so much that might happen in 2005 that it's impossible to hate/love this album yet.

However, for the moment, I do enjoy HTDAAB far more than ATYCLB - and I really liked ATYCLB.

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's far too soon to judge whether HTDAAB is a classic or not. Back in 1991 AB certainly wasn't considered a masterpiece, nor a masterpiece. And in my opinion JT is one of U2's most overrated albums. The first three songs are classics, RTST is great but the rest is not better than anything on ATYCLB and HTDAAB, but that's just my opinion.

let's face it, if you think you are smart, then 95% of the people in the world are dumber.

if you are british, 50% of the world once suffered under britsih rule, if you are Irish or American the are 1001 reasons for you to fall in the latter category, no comment on the first.

What does that imply? that opinions on u2 albums are like nostrils, they can blow and suck, sometimes even simultaneously.

What I admire most about u2 is that the manage to balance being the greatest band in the world, with being the most down-to-earth people in the world. I don't care if it is an act, but I believe them to be sincere. So when u2 put out an album and proclaime to have saved the world from the evil clutches of laSpears or M&M, I'am happy. Even if that means they cuddle up with some silicon baking nerds to flog some overprised music carrier. Bottom line is they actually tried to live up to their own standard, and worse case they've gotten quite close, something the Beatles stopped doing after 4years, the stones after 6 the who after 10. etcetc. They didn't even try.

Music is not olympics. It's art.

peace&love or else...

HTDAAB is the evoltion of the album befiore it. working in trilogys. pop,was great but they can;'t do another one. i felt ATYCLB was a classic then and its classic now. i think its great when bands do diffrent things, i;m all for it, i wish more bands did it. but after yu do, donl;t forget when to come home.

Back
Top Bottom