It's Official! November 22!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Wohoo!!

finally after 3 years of agony, we get the new album

too bad the we in the US have to wait until November 23

but, we'll all have the album by Larry's Birthday ;)

yeah, but not by the band or management.

not the management but u2france and other various U2 sites. U2.com is always the last to put out info.

Nice. Very nice.

Now somebody put together some sort of online countingdown device that we can all gawk at.

BigMacPhisto said:
Nice. Very nice.

Now somebody put together some sort of online countingdown device that we can all gawk at.

my Buddy Profile for AOL Instans messenger has that. 134 days and counting!

This is the news that I have been needing to hear on this shitty day. I suddenly feel motivated and uplifted to do better at my job today. Now I am on edge to hear the album or singles and I am really curious to see how this measures up to ATYCLB.

Last edited:
Numb1075 said:
seems like a long time away - whatever will we talk about for 134 days?:banghead:

How much ATYCLB sucked, and how mad we'll be if the new record sounds anything like songs from ATYCLB. It seems to be the new thing.:wink:

Last edited:
Numb1075 said:
not the management but u2france and other various U2 sites. U2.com is always the last to put out info.

Here too, on the main Interference.com page. We decided to contact Universal France on our own for confirmation.

3 days before my birthday!
hehe
what could be a better present than this?
maybe tickets for the first show?:crazy: :bow:
c'mon,pleaseeeeeeeee:hyper: :coocoo:

Why does everyone seem convinced the name will be Vertigo? That was just something someone pulled out of their ass, wasn't it??? :eyebrow:

I mean, I know I tout around "Plateau" a lot but I still hold 0% hope that it'll be named that cause I just yanked it outta my arse.

I think the reason ppl have put stock in it is because of a domain name registration - even though there are plenty domains that have probably been registered. And I guess because the name sounds like it could be right.

I'm more apt to put some kind of stock behind a release date that a record label has confirmed than some random registered domain name that no one "official" has confirmed. :shrug:

Thanks for the countdown clock! Already have it boomarked! We had to wait longer, with more info, for the last Best Of, I believe. So I don't think this wait is going to be too bad.......

Ok, it will be. I crave this new album like nothing else.... :drool:

The release date is not official until the press release comes out announcing the album with details. Just 3 weeks or so back, there were multiple reports of November 9th being on the schedule record stores get.

Actually, I think with either Pop or ATYCLB (I think POP) the date changed even AFTER the press release. <g> Right now I just have the entire month of November starred, since that's the only thing sure right now. <g>

I'm not in any particular rush. The way I see it, the more time, the more I will be able to save for shows.

However, that said, this is probably the most anticipated album for me personally. The first new u2 album I had to wait for was zooropa though, as I had become a fan during ZooTV.

goldmember said:
I heard that they were planning to release it in May, 2005. New release date sounds much better!!!!

I have never heard that before. I've only heard 2005 coincide with world tour, and not with an album release date.

Back
Top Bottom