It's now official....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
'One Step Closer' is pure genius and the best song on the album.

'Crumbs For Your Table' is the second best and is emerging as a U2 classic. And reviews called this a b-side???? Pefect tone, beautiful melody, guitar that moves in myserious ways throughout.

"And you speak, of signs and wonders..."

Mad I tell you, mad.

Thanks for listening. You may go now.

:wink:

I'm partial to the brilliantly devised 2-second gaps between tracks. Music is both sound AND silence I tell you!

i myself am also a huge fan of both "One Step Closer" and especially "Crumbs". OSC is just a nice song to chill to and appreciate.

Michael,

I have browsed this forum ever since 2000, and I have always enjoyed reading your posts.

I agree with you about these 2 songs! Man, the intro to Crumbs is just astounding...and I only have a crappy MP3 copy! The CD is going to blow us away. These songs are underappreciated, but that's okay - the best songs usually are.

I think the second half of this album is better than anything U2 has ever recorded. I love that the whole album points into one direction => Yahweh. (even though I think the finger doing the pointing is sometimes not the finger you would expect. But at times we all feel that way - that's why U2 can't be contained by the Contempory Christian label, they speak about the struggle of faith as well as the joy)

AEON said:
Michael,

I have browsed this forum ever since 2000, and I have always enjoyed reading your posts.

I agree with you about these 2 songs! Man, the intro to Crumbs is just astounding...and I only have a crappy MP3 copy! The CD is going to blow us away. These songs are underappreciated, but that's okay - the best songs usually are.

I think the second half of this album is better than anything U2 has ever recorded. I love that the whole album points into one direction => Yahweh. (even though I think the finger doing the pointing is sometimes not the finger you would expect. But at times we all feel that way - that's why U2 can't be contained by the Contempory Christian label, they speak about the struggle of faith as well as the joy)
Very nicely said. :up: I certainly enjoyed reading your post! U2 speaks a language that I've always been able to pick up on...almost can't define why or what...but I think it's like that for a lot of people with this band. Thank God they don't fit in with the contemporary Christian label. Bono once said to sing about God in a "Christian rock" format - ie, in a "praise the lord" sense - is redundant...because spiritual music is spiritual on its own. To sing about the matters of the spirit, matters of the heart, matters of everyday life...to reach out from within our limited frameworks...is, in itself, singing about God.

Sorry for the tangent!

Back
Top Bottom