It's Finally Here -- THE VERTIGO APPRECIATION THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Earnie Shavers

I've said it before, but as far as rock songs go, if Mofo met Vertigo in a dark alley, Mofo would have punched Vertigo out, stolen it's wallet and made a getaway long before Vertigo had even finished fixing it's hair in a vain attempt to just try and look the part. Meanwhile The Fly is watching from the shadows, laughing, "I taught him that", and All Because of You was too scared to walk into the alley in the first place.

i just thought that was hilarious and needed to be seen

I've said it before, but as far as rock songs go, if Mofo met Vertigo in a dark alley, Mofo would have punched Vertigo out, stolen it's wallet and made a getaway long before Vertigo had even finished fixing it's hair in a vain attempt to just try and look the part. Meanwhile The Fly is watching from the shadows, laughing, "I taught him that", and All Because of You was too scared to walk into the alley in the first place.

The way I see it. Mofo, is the serious rock guy with street cred that not everyone in the bar understands. Some call him pretitious some say he's jumping on a bandwagon. Vertigo is the serious rock guy with tongue planted firmly in cheek and the patrons take him either at the surface or deeper, but everyone likes him. ABOY, is a little socially akward but means well.

And then there's Sometimes who wears his heart on his sleeve and either people love him for that or they kick him while he's down.

Haha! I love all the above posts! They're great! Keep it up!

*Meanwhile, Numb's just sittin against the wall watching the whole thing, but nobody notices him...*

Actually, Mofo's a bit of a chav (to use British terms), hanging around on a street corner, swearing. ;)

I love the song, but it's not really a rocker.

To me mofo feels like being on a speeding train you can't stop, and don't really want to stop. Whatever that means, i have no idea! But.... it's a feeling, or something.... hmmmm guess I can't explain it, sorry. :huh:

the recent version of discotecqe in concert has been pretty rocking. Thier using a more actuly disco-ish beat and then a grunge beat.

Back
Top Bottom