It's been 5 years!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the olive

The Fly
Well it's been 5 years (yesterday) since my first U2 concert.

We drove for 6 hours from the Vancouver area in order to catch the only northwest show of the first leg - Eugene, OR. Popmart show #5. Very strange to arrive in a small city and know that the biggest show in the world is playing there. Autzen stadium is quite small, maybe 40,000 tops. The top of the arch towered way over the stadium as we walked through the forest (!) next to the stadium. There were literally dozens and dozens of unmarked trailer trucks parked in the field next to the stadium. I knew this was going to be big.
We were in the 14th row. The stadium was probably 80% full, a great turnout for such a remote area. Rage Against The Machine were very good. After they were finished Howie B came onstage and did the DJ thing while the sun set. Then U2 arrived during Popmuzik and the show was underway. Eugene was probably the first Popmart show without any major glitches. Staring at the Sun was still performed by the full band, and Do You Feel Loved was performed. Edge's karaoke was a welcome suprise as well. When the show was over we waited from the bleacher areas as the band got into their limos and sped away.

What a great night. I can't believe its been 5 years already!

Back
Top Bottom