it's all Out Of Control....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Eh? You snuck into the heart? LOL.

No no no no no....now before any rumors get started Sicy.....I didn't sneak in. They were still letting people in, but it was really wierd because there were already a whole lot of people in on the floor, and we were definately not one of the first three hundred....I don't know if they stopped letting people in, and then started back up when we got there, or what, but there was no way number-wise that I should have been able to get in.

Oh, and Zoomie, you'll be excited to hear the rumor that next spring....Europe stadiums followed by a tour Down Under....as rumors go, it sounds like a real possibility.

Originally posted by popkidu2:
No no no no no....now before any rumors get started Sicy.....I didn't sneak in.

Okie.. I didnt quite understand that but thanks for clearing that up!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

I wish I could feel the same way about Providence 1. I guess you had to be on the floor to feel the energy. I was on the Edge's side of the heart about 8 rows up and all the people did was leave the stands for beer.

I could not believe that as Streets was beginning people were still leaving to buy beer. I was at the garden on the 24th and at the meadowlands on Sunday and would say both shows were much more intense then yesterday's. I tried to have a good time, although it was difficult with all the "excuse me can I get by"

The show had potential, but like I said I guess you had to be on the floor to actually feel any energy.

Looking forward to Austin on Monday.

that's wierd that you say that ramblin....I wouldn't have suspected that to be the case. I thought that if anything, Providence 1 (and really, the third leg in general) has been more of a "greatest hits" setlist...a general crowd pleaser.

But it's funny that you should mention that, because for Boston night 1, I had similar seats in the Fleet Center where you were last night, and the crowd was the same way. I think that the "Golden Circle" tickets are, generally speaking, bought by people who are less likely to be fans, but want to be able to say that they were at the U2 show.

Or maybe it was just an off-night. The thing I liked about the DD center is that it is so small. For me, that would translate into a higher energy crowd....but maybe not.....

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

Glad you saw a great show, popkid...

...now I have to ask...when are you going to post some more interesting and perceptive poetry in DOL? It's been millenia!!

------------------
The soul needs beauty for a soulmate

nice editing CK...trying to get me in trouble with the smiley mafia fem-don poptart again
wink.gif

Scatter...I haven't actually written anything in quite some time. It's a dry spell for me right now.....but I think that'll change in the next few weeks. I feel some prose coming on
smile.gif

------------------

nice editing CK...trying to get me in trouble with the smiley mafia fem-don poptart again
wink.gif

Scatter...I haven't actually written anything in quite some time. It's a dry spell for me right now.....but I think that'll change in the next few weeks. I feel some prose coming on
smile.gif

icon12.gif

CK

it's all nutty in here :p

doctor who...was that you in the heart wearing the sunglasses last night? If so, you were having a grand old time....I think I saw you in Boston as well.....

------------------

Providence night 1 highlights.....

Well, to start off, I got to meet the infamous Otto of U2photos.com. Very cool guy....as well as being a very talented photographer.....

Didn't get to the Dunkin Doughnuts Center (now how the f*&k can you name an arena with that name and keep a straight face???????) around 5pm and got in the GA line. I was probably around 450 in line or so, so I wasn't even sweating about getting in the heart. I figured I'd just watch the show from the back this time. Well, surprise surprise....I got in the arena, and saw Otto dashing in the heart, so I quickly followed. I couldn't believe it....too easy. I love seeing the show from that close up; I really don't think there is anyway else to experiance U2 now
eek.gif

Stereophonics came on and played a sweet set. I'm a big fan of theirs, so it was cool to see them live. I think they need to pick up the pace of their set however....opening bands don't have the luxery of covering Rod Stewart ballads IMO....keep it fast boys
wink.gif

Anyway, on to the show!

Elevation, BD, UTEOTW....all great, crowd going nuts. I was particually pleased with Edge's solo in UTEOTW last night. Not sure why, but it just seemed really good, he was really on!

Out Of Control....holy mother of all things unbelievable. There are 3 songs I thought I would NEVER hear live: Out Of Control, Electric Co., and 11 O'Clock Tic Tock. On this tour, I've heard 2 of those 3. They did not dissapoint. They TORE into this song; the vocals were a bit muddy, but you could see Bono singing with everything he had, like his life depended on it. Adam was really getting into the bass as well. Absolutely fantastic experiance. This song alone made the night.

The other major highlight was Please. I think this was a beautiful version of the song, but I have one, eeerrrrrr, comment to make: I kept waiting for the drums and bass to kick in....this happened with What's Going On as well. I was at a U2 show, not the "Edge and Bono Duets" show.....is Larry's back bothering him or something? I guess I'm just not a big fan of B&E doing their duets w/o the rest of the band. One song is okay, but that's it.

Don't get me wrong, Please was amazing, but it felt like it was lacking something w/o larry and adam.

Overall, the show was great. It was a great way to end my elevation tour experiance. I got to meet some really cool fans....diamond, I saw you, you walked right past me (I was the guy in the grey t-shirt and white UNH baseball cap), but I just got wierded out and couldn't introduce myself....sorry buddy. But what the hell was that sign you were holding up....couldn't figure it out.....

Glad to be elevated one more time.

Steve, I can't remember what name you post under, but do drop me an email sometime. I'd love to get my hands on some of those bootleggs you were talking about.

------------------

Well, surprise surprise....I got in the arena, and saw Otto dashing in the heart, so I quickly followed. I couldn't believe it....too easy.

Eh? You snuck into the heart? LOL.

------------------
Zooming In
Zooming Out
Nothing I Can't Do Without

it's all nutty in here :p

doctor who...was that you in the heart wearing the sunglasses last night? If so, you were having a grand old time....I think I saw you in Boston as well.....

I wasn't wearing sunglasses in the heart either night. Pics on NicaMom's site show my appearance - and they show me as I really am.
wink.gif
Proof is when DB was able to find me in the Providence line without any problems.

The other question you asked was about the license plate in the heart. That was a NY plate, so no, it was not Heidi's. Heidi is from CT.

Back
Top Bottom