Ito Okashi off the Passengers Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ahmad

The Fly
Has anyone ever listened to Arvo Part's "Tabula Rasa"? The ECM series version's fourth track (the one actually dubbed "Tabula Rasa") contains the sample for the Passenger's "Ito Okashi." You'll know it if you hear it...

A beautiful album, regardless.

Ahmad

I don't think anyone here knows what you're talking about. That's some esoteric knowledge you're droppin!

Now I'll have to look it up. Very interesting.

lol... oh, i figured as much. but surely folks have heard the passengers album. and surely, some poor soul (like myself) has forgotten to hit stop after ms. sarajevo, right? "ito okashi" is the track after ms. sarajevo (i think) has the japanese singer on it. there's a sample on it that opens the track... sounds like bells.

arvo part is a classical composer. that album "tabula rasa" is really incredible. has a track on it called "fratres" which is really, very haunting.

speaking of samples, anyone ever listen to the bulgarian (i think) choirs that u2 sampled for "wake up dead man"? they're pretty phenomenal too.

u2 has esoteric taste, what can i say.

Speaking only for myself, I got the U2/Passengers references. I was just unfamiliar with Arvo Part.

Back
Top Bottom