It Would Have Been Better If...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexvilagosh

War Child
How could U2 songs have been better?

Zooropa would have been better if it didn't have about 2 minutes of basically nothing at the start. I hated the song for ages. Love it now, but it was so boring...

Hawkmoon 269 would have been better if it didn't have the '269' in the name, and if it didn't have that crappy organ intro, and started with the actual song. I didn't like it until I heard it live, WITHOUT the crappy organ.

shaun vox said:
It Would Have Been Better If... u2 never made atyclb!
(they did make shit load of $$$ so good for them:wink:

sometimes I think I would enjoy U2 more if they had prevented in some way for anyone to start a fan website about them

really

I think it would've been better if 11 O'clock Tick Tock had been put on either Boy or October, and A Celebration on War instead of either The Refugee or Red Light.

Quality b-sides instead of remixes for EVERY single would be grand, too.

The intro to Zooropa is mad fucking genius.

Brilliant, suspenseful and most of all it SOUNDS good. Too bad if it 's boring for you.

It would have been better if TGBHF was on the American version of ATYCLB, SIAMYCGOO was acoustic, perhaps could have dropped Grace, or another of the weaker songs and addes Stateless. Of course, thats a oerfect world for me.

The intro to Zooropa is fucking great.

The Wanderer would have be better without the siren at the end, especially since I prefer the Zooropa album when trying to fall asleep.

Stuck In A Moment live would have been better without all the Bono crooning and wailing at the beginning, or maybe just not played live at all.

WOWY should have been more finished on the album, and include the "yeah, we will shine like stars..." verse.

um...that's all I can think of about songs, I've got some minor gripes about albums and tours though.

TGBHF = The Ground Beneath Her Feet

I kind of like the siren at the end of Zooropa b/c it's such a dreamy album and I need to be snapped back into reality sometimes... especially while driving ;)

It would have been better if I had become a U2 fan sooner and experienced the ZooTV tour. (ok so that's a cop-out answer)

Salome said:

sometimes I think I would enjoy U2 more if they had prevented in some way for anyone to start a fan website about them

really

Really?i know u2 are big but they cant stop someone from doing that.

i like your ducky its so cute!

drugs are wack you!
(atyclb sounds like a matchbox 20, DMB,coldplay kind of album) i dont like :eyebrow: so if ya all like it good but i dont so..........................................................

good hahahahehe.

shaun vox said:
It Would Have Been Better If... u2 never made atyclb!
(they did make shit load of $$$ so good for them:wink:

I don't think I've seen anyone spend so much time and effort on hating an album. Must be exhausting.

If You Wear That Velvet Dress would have been awesome if Bono's vocals had a little bit more punch like they did on Jools Holland version.

An Cat Dubh would be better IMO if they cut those bizarre barking sounds Bono makes near the end. They always make me cringe.

The studio version of Bad should've been like the live performances with the "Fade ... fade ... not fade away!" part. It so badly pales in comparison to performances such as 2 May 1985 and 8 November 1987.

The studio version of Sunday Bloody Sunday should've had the repeated "Sunday bloody Sunday"s at the very end like live versions such as the one on Under A Blood Red Sky.

The Electric Co. should've had the "Somebody cry, somebody cry" part from live performances at the start.

Even though I like the siren on Zooropa, it shouldn't have been there.

Summer Rain and Always should've been on ATYCLB, one replacing Grace ... not sure which other should be substituted out.

Electrical Storm on the normal Best Of should've been the original not the remix.

Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World could've been replaced by Salome or something like that.

That's enough to whine about for now ...

U2DMfan said:
The intro to Zooropa is mad fucking genius.

Brilliant, suspenseful and most of all it SOUNDS good. Too bad if it 's boring for you.

The intro to Zooropa is fucking great.
Don't get me wrong, I like the intro now, but when I first got the album it bored me silly. I want a song to start at the start, not two minutes in.

-it would be better if the new album came out tommorow
-it would have been better if u2 played at least one show on every tour in my backyard
-it would have been better if bono took me along for the elevation tour and we went out and god F'd up on Guinness and champagne after every show

that's it for me... everything else they've ever done has been just fine and dandy in my book :shrug: well except for the performance on the oscars... but eh... i'm over it.

Last edited:
U2DMfan said:
It would have been better if TGBHF was on the American version of ATYCLB,

Grrr...yes.

Originally posted by U2DMfan
perhaps could have dropped Grace, or another of the weaker songs and addes Stateless. Of course, thats a oerfect world for me.

I personally would've dropped "New York" and added "Stateless", but that's just me. :shrug:.

Originally posted by Axver
The Electric Co. should've had the "Somebody cry, somebody cry" part from live performances at the start.

Ooh, yeah, that would've been neat. :).

That siren at the end of Zooropa is weird...what possessed them to put that on there?

Also, I like the opening to "Zooropa" as well...it's different and out there and everything...very interesting.

Angela

alexvilagosh said:
Oooo that Oscar performance was wierd...

I liked it. My main problem is that the band members were too far away from each other but I thought Bono's lyric change was brillant and the whole thing very heartfelt I mean they cut to daniel day lewis and he was crying.

If they put Always on ATYCLB, the critics would (rightfully) bash them for having the same song on there twice.

(Yes, yes, I know Beautiful Day and Always are not the same song, but the chords in the chorus, the instrumentation in parts, the tempo and all that are very, very similar. They have the same genes, shall we say)

Diemen's got a point.

If you ask me, that Oscars performance was bloody amazing. I love my mp3 of it.

personally i wouldn't have changed a rememberance of 9/11 into a commentary on iraq... but like i said, i'm over it... plus they cut an entire verse from the song. it was incomplete.

the "somebody cry" part couldn't have been used on the studio version of electric co., 'cause as we all know... :shifty:... the guitar part used in that live intro is the guitar intro from the studio version of "is that all." although some of us would have wanted always and beautiful day on atyclb, so perhaps having 2 songs with the same guitar parts doesn't bother some of us :shrug: :wink:

Diemen said:
If they put Always on ATYCLB, the critics would (rightfully) bash them for having the same song on there twice.

(Yes, yes, I know Beautiful Day and Always are not the same song, but the chords in the chorus, the instrumentation in parts, the tempo and all that are very, very similar. They have the same genes, shall we say)

Yep. I always have an urge during the chorus of "Always" to sing the lines from "Beautiful Day" that fit that part.

And I also liked the Oscars performance. :).

Angela

Headache in a Suitcase said:
plus they cut an entire verse from the song. it was incomplete.

This may be due to a mandate from the Oscar telecast producers rather than the band. I did not even realize they cut a verse so that just proves how much I know.

Back
Top Bottom