It Was Fifteen Years Ago Today That..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
They were on the cover of Time Magazine. How many of you own this? I do

time87.jpg

I tend to throw magazines away once I've read them

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I don't. Arrrrrrgh.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

I don't have it, but I want it (obviously)!

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

A couple of years ago when I was in high school, I checked out our library to see if this issue was in our back catalogue. To my delight, it was...but the actual story was ripped out! Grr....

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by PopFly:
A couple of years ago when I was in high school, I checked out our library to see if this issue was in our back catalogue. To my delight, it was...but the actual story was ripped out! Grr....

That's a good plan! I should check to see if I can find backcopies of Time at a library. It sounds like another U2 fan had gotten to that copy first, though!

I remember the day I first saw that at the grocery store back when my son was a baby. I don't know what happened to my copy
frown.gif
I can find older magazines with them on it, like Creem and a people with Live Aid in it, but not that. I wish I could!

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

On fire .
I missed the publication at the "time" Gina. Great pic, thanks for posting it.
Ahhh that hairstyle on bono, we had a drummer ages ago who wore his ringlets pulled back like that, he was irish too
smile.gif
**cass faints at the memory**

I don't have it
frown.gif

I would have bought it, but there is the annoying fact that I was three years old at the time and didn't really have the faintest idea who U2 were.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by spanisheyes:
Is it just me, or does Larry look the same then as he does now?

Chris

That man NEVER ages. I bet he still looks the same in another 15 years.

My Dad once asked me if Larry was the original drummer with the band, or if he'd joined recently, because he looks so much younger. He couldn't believe it when I told him how old he was
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Truly:
I don't have it
frown.gif

I would have bought it, but there is the annoying fact that I was three years old at the time and didn't really have the faintest idea who U2 were.
biggrin.gif

LOL..

I wasn't even born yet.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

wow why is time (no pun intended) flying by so fast? seems like only yesterday 1987 was ten years ago. i feel old now.

i have a high school library U2 story. in high school our library had the unforgettable fire book by eamon dunphy, so i checked it out and decided to keep it forever
smile.gif

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

[This message has been edited by david (edited 04-28-2002).]

Yup, I've got it...also a copy of the MTV special, Outside It's America, where they show this photo shoot...
BTW and this is not meant negatively, I think it's quite interesting how many really young u2 fans there are right now!!

Back
Top Bottom