It was "A Beautiful Day" in Boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
How bout that folks!!!!!!!!!!!

After Kerry's speech at the DNC tonite they played...nice and loud...Beautiful Day! woooooooooooohoooooooo! :shocked: :cool:

Great Speech too! :applaud:

That was the coolest! and very appropriate following to that speech....!

I thought it was cool, but I would have been REALLY great if they had played Streets. I probably would have been dancing in my living room if that had happened.

Yeah, I thought streets would have been more fitting. Also I didn't see why they felt a need to have it play the same refrain of the song 15 or so times. There are in fact other parts to the song...

IT WAS SO GREAT!!! I WAS JUMPING UP AND DOWN!!

i was waiting all week for them to play some damn u2, and finally they pulled through

how many votes did they get from u2 fans form playing the song?....:wink:

streets would have been great, so would U2's new song, "Boston"

Techie2000 said:
Yeah, I thought streets would have been more fitting. Also I didn't see why they felt a need to have it play the same refrain of the song 15 or so times. There are in fact other parts to the song...

They did the same thing last night after Edwards' speech with Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke." I like that song, but it got old pretty fast.

I think its an omen. Beautiful day has essentially become the official song of the New England Patriots and now its Kerry's turn to win the "Super Bowl"!

Yeah, that was cool. :up: I also liked the use of No Surrender.

Assuming Bono was at the convention during Kerry's speech, can you imagine how surreal that must be? Not just the fact that he's Irish and it's this huge American political event, but the song must be personal to Bono.

Here's a replay.

JOHN KERRY: I accept your nomination to be president of the United States!

CROWD: YAYYYY!!!!

BONO: It was a beautiful dayyyyyy ...

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:
Wonder if the Republican convention will get permission to use any U2 music :yikes:
If they want to use it, I don't think U2 would object. From what I understand, they don't have to go and ask for permission from the artists, however artists can ask them to not use it if they want.

Back
Top Bottom