It was 7 days ago today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mhowells

The Fly
So here we are, one week's worth of listening of the new album (for most of us anyway!). We were all pretty excited last saturday and seemed to love every song. But I'm curious how the album seems now that we've had a full week to digest it. What songs stick out as good, bad, normal, unremarkable etc?

My summary is as follows: The album contains 5 amazing songs, and 6 very good songs. The 5 amazing are as follows:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
City of Blinding lights
Original of the species

No matter how hard I try, the other 6 just don't seem to be on the same level as those ones.

Thoughts?

i agree. and it's not a knock on the other six. though "crumbs" is really on the border.

agreed, but I'd put "All Because of You" on the list. For me at least, its probably my favorite track right now.

all because of you makes you want to move in a very mick jagger way, happy anniversary to the leak

I think the amazing ones are:
Vertigo
All Because Of You
Love And Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
Original Of The Species

The rest are great ones. And yeah, Crumbs is on the border.

Last edited:
I think there is 11 really good tracks.
One week later and I cant stop listening to this record....good sign.

Yahweh said:
I think there is 11 really good tracks.
One week later and I cant stop listening to this record....good sign.

That's a great sign, indeed.
Im almost never able to listen to only one cd for a whole week:wink:
Im still finding new things on this cd! It makes me just love it and... change my mind on some songs all the time.:D

But there's still something wrong with AMAAW :eyebrow:

I'm completely obsessed with the album at this point. I haven't been listening to anything else in the past week, and even considering it's a new U2 album, this is very unusual.

At the first two or three listens, I liked it a lot, but I couldn't completely appreciate it, because I was in a 'over-analyzing' phase. I couldn't really understand why so many people were already feeling 100% good about it. But now, after between 15 and 20 listens, I'm just completely blown away. At this point, I would even say that all the following songs are literally equally amazing to me, all in different ways:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Crumbs From Your Table

Closely followed by:
A Man And A Woman
Original Of The Species

And then:
Yahweh
One Step Closer

I still haven't heard Sometimes in it's entirety, that's why it's not on the list. I'm waiting to get the real album for that one. The only thing on the entire album that I still have a bit of a problem with is Yahweh's chorus, but apart from that, it is, indeed, a Masterpiece.

Last night as I was listening to Atomic Bomb once again very loud at my apartment, I couldn't stop crying, from start to finish... By boyfriend came in and he was wondering what was wrong. I was like: "It's the new U2 album...:sad: It's so good... You can't understand...:sad: "

Although I've always been very emotional regarding music, I don't know if I really expected U2 to make me cry so much, still, after all those years. I was feeling like when I first discovered the band 7 years ago.

oceane said:

Last night as I was listening to Atomic Bomb once again very loud at my apartment, I couldn't stop crying, from start to finish... By boyfriend came in and he was wondering what was wrong. I was like: "It's the new U2 album...:sad: It's so good... You can't understand...:sad: "

Although I've always been very emotional regarding music, I don't know if I really expected U2 to make me cry so much, still, after all those years. I was feeling like when I first discovered the band 7 years ago.

ah, i had this reaction too. i was ok through 'vertigo', because i already knew the song, but the second 'miracle drug' came on, i got choked up, and alternated between weeping and sniffling all through the rest of the bomb. there are no words to describe it precisely, but it's like falling in love all over again.

seven days later, i'm still obsessed. the thought of listening to anything else just doesn't interest me. i am in love.

Wow already a week...well i can honestly say after listening to it everyday i still love all 11 songs...and thats odd because theres always at least one that i skip over, but not this album i listen straight throuhgh not to say i don't have my favs..hehe ;)
Heres a few :

LAPOE...OMG i'm loving this song like nothing else...can't wait to hear a live version!!! :happy:
MD ...aww this song is sweet i love..
Crumbs...love this song too...
Man and Woman love the lyrics the song..everything..hehe
COBL...great song!
These are a few of the really good ones for me...but like i said i'm loving the whole package!
Come on 23rd!!...hehe
:dance:

Honestly, the week leading up to the 6th had been awful for me. The election had knocked me out. I was so depressed.

Waking up on Saturday morning and seeing "It's Here" reminded me of what it felt like to believe in Santa Claus. That feeling of utter surprise on Christmas Day. It was magical.

I've listened to this album all week, all the while going through the discovery, finding favorite parts etc.

The part in Miracle after "God I need your help tonight" puts a great smile on my face everytime, (among many).

The album has made me happy again, (I'll survive another 4 years).

Thank U2.

What a great week it's been. I still can't help but smile every time it hits me that I actually have the album after having waited several years. My love for the album has continued to grow with each listen, and I really couldn't have asked for anything better. Now I just can't wait to be the first one in the record store the second they open on the 23rd :)

Back
Top Bottom