It started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate war! But this is something America needed to do, period!

------------------
Macphisto worships me!

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
But the imperfect use of force has been preferable to not using force at all -- to letting Germany take all of Europe

Well they did... except Britain of course
smile.gif

Originally posted by Aine:
Ivan,I LOVE ya !!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Ohhh,Achtung Bubba...
1.Your personal info doesn't say which languages you understand and which you don't.
2.But if you don't,sorry,I can't help it.
3.And if you don't,how do you know I was talking about you ???
confused.gif

Look:

Not to sound Anglo-centric, but it should be pretty clear that English is the predominant language in this forum.

And, true, you can't help that I don't understand whatever language you were speaking in -- but you should still know better than to talk about me in a language I've never pretended to know.

And there is plenty of evidence that what you said was about me.

First, you've never denied that you were talking about me.

More than that, this is what you said -- before you changed your message:

"Bubbini brains ne viderzhat"

That seems to be a derogetory sentence about me.

And in the same post, you said that neither I nor another member of the forum didn't notice you were talking about me. AND YOU SAID THIS IN ENGLISH.

I didn't even ask for an apology after this. All I asked was that you agree not to do this again, and you haven't.

You've been nothing but an asshole about this, and I don't appreciate it.

Bubba

I can't see what the fuss is about. Only an idiot would expect an American-led NATO response strike to what happened last month. Or someone living in a "peace forever" dreamland.

Let's look at the facts

* Planes crash in America on Sept 9
* 6,000 people die from countless nationalities, including 250 Britons - the biggest number of British civilians killed in a singular terrorist act or act of war since the end of World War II
* Investigation
* All documented evidence points to bin Laden-led attack
* Investigation points to bin Laden hiding in Afghanistan
* Taliban admit to harbouring bin Laden
* Millions of Afghans, fearing the worst and the Taliban, flee the country
* Taliban given warning to give bin Laden up
* Taliban ignores warning
* Taliban is attacked

It's as simple as that. War is not nice, as Mr Bush's mother once said. Well, you either have war, or you have more incidents like the one you saw in New York.

Of course, the likelihood is that there will be more anyway... but which would you prefer... a plane crashing in your city and killing thousands of people... or a chemical or nuclear bomb dropped on your country and killing everyone? If there is someone willing to do this then they must be stopped.

And please remember that evil is neither mad nor stupid. The most evil people in the world are also some of the most intelligent... except they use their gift for immoral means.

To me, it looks like bin Laden fancies himself as a warmongerer. He's been looking for years for a country to harbour him, and the Taliban - themselves a somewhat dubious leading force of Afghanistan - took one look at his money and accepted him.

The Taliban are pulling the cheapest trick in the book by using the words "jihad" and "an American act of terrorism". It clearly shows they are trying to incite the religious fanatics who are very blinkered and those around the world who hate America (why doesn't the Taliban have a go at the French or Candians or British or Australians who are also helping out?)

The Taliban don't care about the Afghan people, that much is clear. You need only look at all those refugees piling out of the country. Are the Taliban bothered? Of course not.

The thing that scares me is that people are by and large very easily led. You only have to look at the effect of TV on people to see that. So right now, across the world there are millions of people who actually do want the Taliban to win this war. Mainly that's not because they are evil, but because they have been brainwashed... propaganda.

This is indeed a silly war. It's not a war on Afghanistan, it's a war on its rulers. And it is one that is so overwhelmingly one-sided that it's one the Taliban cannot possibly expect to win. And what is a "win" for them? Destroying the whole western world?

Perhaps someone here can answer that one. That's really the question we should be asking ourselves. The Taliban does not care about its country's heritage, it's people nor its boundaries. It only cares about itself and protecting bin Laden. What does he have that they need so much?

ARGH....

CK

------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

TheU2: I've tried to drop this. I've extended the olive branch two or three times already, and I'm getting tired of trying to be diplomatic about this.

And, bullet, yeah Germany took Europe, but my point was that we didn't let them keep it, to establish their "thousand-year" reign.

Originally posted by TheU2:

What does this mean again?

CK

I was hoping to avoid this! lol bet you know what I mean really! What I mean is that you would be able to see I am not Jewish if you took a look at my um... nawty bits! lol
Thanks for making me squirm!

Originally posted by what a bomb!:
I was hoping to avoid this! lol bet you know what I mean really! What I mean is that you would be able to see I am not Jewish if you took a look at my um... nawty bits! lol
Thanks for making me squirm!

I still don't know what you mean...

CK

------------------
I will give you 2 GA's for 2 GC's!! Email or IM me or respond to the multiple threads I have concerning this. Help a desparate man out!!

Circumcision! The allusions are to circumcision!

[This message has been edited by Achtung Bubba (edited 10-07-2001).]

Got ya!

Looks down at nawty bits and wonders: "Am I Jewish?"

CK

------------------

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:
Hey God Damn it! Am I the only one that understands Actung Bubba here?
Actung Bubba=Diamond's soul brother.

Godspeed
Diamond

I agree with most of what Bubba is saying too.

------------------
Macphisto worships me!

Hey diamondbruno9,

Have you read my posts?

CK

Trade with ME!!

------------------

Circumcision! The allusions are to circumcision!

I once knew a kid who converted to Judaism. He assured me that it was quite painful.

i never understood why God would require self-mutilation to be a follower of Him. either way, whortense is well-prepared if it becomes fashion to be jewish.
mad.gif

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

Originally posted by Whortense:
i never understood why God would require self-mutilation to be a follower of Him. either way, whortense is well-prepared if it becomes fashion to be jewish.
mad.gif

Ummm yeah, thanks for the update on the religious status of the melon banana.

This situation is complete bullshit... I hate the world... I dont want this to happen... I have someone that I deeply care about that lives, oddly enough, across the river from Detroit. Canada's chemical valley... Can you say good target? I wouldnt be able to go on if something happened to her...
frown.gif

Originally posted by Hawk269:

Freedom has a hefty price sometimes. Not everyone believes in the American ideal enough to die for it, but I do. If something unfortunate happens to me here in NYC the next time some psycho decides he wants to commit suicide for Allah, well that is my bad luck, for being at the wrong place at the wrong time - just like those innocents at the WTC...

AJ

This really hit home for me. Like it or not, we're all affected by an act of terror, not even just Americans. We've got to know what we're living for as we walk this wide land. If it's worth protecting, then any threat has to be defended. Nobody wants a war that is uncertain, and may be very long and costly, but the alternative certainly won't be peace. The terrorists already proved they can get away with a big strike, and why would they stop there?

But ultimately, violence never will solve anything. I pray for understanding among all the many different ethnic and religious groups in the world so it doesn't come to the point that people feel they have to settle their problems this way again.

I really dread responding to these sort of threads, as they are so delicate in nature, but i feel obliged to. Many of you people and your righteous, "holier-than-thou" attitudes and perspectives make me absolutely sick. Get off your fucking high horses and take a good and REALISTIC look at the world and at what's going on. Sorry to inform you, but when it comes to matters like this, it's always going to be the lesser of two evils...and despite all the wishful thinking, that is not going to change. And yes, while unfortunately there will be costs, I for one choose justice!

Originally posted by TripThruUreWires:
I really dread responding to these sort of threads, as they are so delicate in nature, but i feel obliged to. Many of you people and your righteous, "holier-than-thou" attitudes and perspectives make me absolutely sick. Get off your fucking high horses and take a good and REALISTIC look at the world and at what's going on. Sorry to inform you, but when it comes to matters like this, it's always going to be the lesser of two evils...and despite all the wishful thinking, that is not going to change. And yes, while unfortunately there will be costs, I for one choose justice!

Amen

CK

------------------

In the latest CNN/TIME/GALLOP Poll, 90% of Americans support the strike today on Afghanistan!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by STING:
In the latest CNN/TIME/GALLOP Poll, 90% of Americans support the strike today on Afghanistan!

What a surprise, considering CNN's demographic is both wealthy, white, old, and conservative.

Why don't we ask the Republican National Committee on Dubya's performance so far?

However, even I agree that the public supports this. I, myself, refuse to comment.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by melon:
What a surprise, considering CNN's demographic is both wealthy, white, old, and conservative.

Why don't we ask the Republican National Committee on Dubya's performance so far?

However, even I agree that the public supports this. I, myself, refuse to comment.

Melon

Where to you the statistics of CNN's demographics. I bet this pole was taken online. And I'd argue that old, conservative, wealthy, white isn't the primary demographic. I think anyone who has a computer checks cnn.com first for news.

CK

------------------

the U.S. has done things out of completely humanitarian reasons.

God, I hope you were kidding. No one is really this naive. Some things, yes, but many of them were/are done to protect American coporations and economic interests. Does Nigeria ring a bell?

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Mellon,
This is scientific polling done by 3 organizations of which one is CNN. The Others are TIME and the GALLOP polling organization. I also disagree with your description of who watches CNN.

Well, from what some here are saying, and what Bin Laden says (see my Horse thread), you got yourselves a war if you want it. I really dont kow what the right thing to do is, so I'll stay out of this debate. But if there's a second attack from the U.S, I'd put money on America being hit again. You are dealing with a mad mother here.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Well, from what some here are saying, and what Bin Laden says (see my Horse thread), you got yourselves a war if you want it. I really dont kow what the right thing to do is, so I'll stay out of this debate. But if there's a second attack from the U.S, I'd put money on America being hit again. You are dealing with a mad mother here.

Oh yeah, if we leave them alone they won't bother us any more. But another action on our part, yeah, then it's on.

Come on...they'll attempt something regardless. But I'll tell you what, I think the likelihood of them being successful is decresed greatly by our recent actions.

They will certainly look to inflict more damage, but at least now we've shaken them up a good deal, with more to come. Doing nothing would be the political equivalent of bending over.

Originally posted by STING:

I wouldn't be so fucking proud of it if I were you.

------------------

Got to walk out of here, I can't take anymore
Gonna stand on that bridge, keep my eyes down below
Whatever may come and whatever may go
that river's flowing

"Don't Give Up", Peter Gabriel

Back
Top Bottom