It Doesn't Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matthew_Page2000

War Child
Boo-hoo. HTDAAB doesn't rock like Bono said it would. :sad:
It's crap like other mellow albums such as Dark Side of the Moon, Neil Youngs Harvest, Automatic for the People and the Free Wheeling Bob Dylan. :mad:
If it doesn't RAWK it's utter crap. I'm so disapointed I could cry. I'm going to have to go back to listening to my Poison and Motley Crew records. Now those guys know how to make a RAWKIN' album.

p.s.- A lot of the new songs remind me of old mellow shite like Still Haven't Found, Unforgettable Fire, Bad and One. Is anyone else as angry about this as I am??

Last edited:
hmmmmm i was expecting something harder/rockier cause bono and the rest of the band talked it up 2 be that way

still cool though

quadcaster said:
hmmmmm i was expecting something harder/rockier cause bono and the rest of the band talked it up 2 be that way

still cool though

No it's not. If it doesn't RAWK it's CRAP.

Matthew_Page2000 said:
It's crap like other mellow albums such as Dark Side of the Moon, Neil Youngs Harvest, Automatic for the People and the Free Wheeling Bob Dylan. :mad:
If it doesn't RAWK it's utter crap. I'm so disapointed I could cry. I'm going to have to go back to listening to my Poison and Motley Crew records. Now those guys know how to make a RAWKIN' album.

p.s.- A lot of the new songs remind me of old mellow shite like Still Haven't Found, Unforgettable Fire, Bad and One. Is anyone else as angry about this as I am??

Do I smell sarcasm? :)

They should fire Edge and replace him with a RAWK guitarist. And replace Bono with the lead singer of the Darkness. YEAH!! Now that would be a band!

come on we wanted Metallica, AC/DC, Montley Crue guitars, hey that is where it is at man....not this delay crap that Edge does every record!

There isn't a single guitar on this album! Bono's reading the phone book! Larry's popping bubble wrap! Adam's ... nowhere to be seen.

THIS ALBUM SUCKS! I NEED MY RAWK!

Matthew_Page2000 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Matthew_Page2000 said:
If it doesn't RAWK it's utter crap.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yahweh said:
come on we wanted Metallica, AC/DC, Montley Crue guitars, hey that is where it is at man....not this delay crap that Edge does every record!

:lol::lol:

This has to be the funniest thread I've read in a long time.

Larry popping bubblewrap? lol that had me in stitches :p.

WHYWHY.

Last edited:
U2 HAVEN'T MADE A GOOD SONG SINCE 11 O'CLOCK TICK TOCK!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: BLOOD-SUCKING BASTAAAARDS!

(Except for Larry. He was recording fake burps and looping them with primitive recording technology until someone sent him a parcel enclosed in bubble wrap. He's fascinated. He had an accident last year because he was too busy popping the stuff that he lost control of his Harley. Luckily, the bubble wrap cushioned his fall ...)

(Oh, and now we know where Bono's bubble suit on Popmart came from. It was all Larry's doing.)

Matthew_Page2000 said:

Go choke yourself and hope that you end up like Michael Hutchence.

Mathew Page 2000, keep listening to Eminem. I could bet one million that you are only here to piss us off. What a loser! That is all you got. "I am so stupidly and unbelievably lonely that I have to feel important here in a U2 Forum.. " Go away!!! You are a dumb ugly piece of shit, and you know you have been told this before, so please GO AWAY!!! No one here feels the way you do. So go find the " I am a douche bag forum. I am sure you will be accepted there. Bye, bye!!!

ramblin rose said:
I think someone didn't get the joke.:huh:

I didn't think so either until I saw their final comment. Very unobvious sarcasm.

Matthew_Page2000 said:

Hail hail!
You're the man!
No cover on Time magazine this year.
Rawks hottest ticket??? Keane!!! Great guitars, they rock!!

Axver, that was the best joke in a long while: Larry popping bubble wrap!!!

Now, is that Edge's tin-whistle on echo and delay???

Matthew_Page2000 said:

It's crap like other mellow albums such as Dark Side of the Moon

What the hell is this ? are you nuts ? :crazy:

Dark Side Of The Moon is one of the most important rock albums ever !!!!!!.
All those U2 songs you name are outstanding anthems !!!!!:bow:

If you don´t notice how wonderful music is Dark Side Of The Moon, U2´s Bad, I Still Haven´Found, etc you need to check your ears with the doctor in badly :crazy:

If this was an attempt at humor - I'm sorry, but better luck the next time. :wink:

Some things are better left off the humor radar screen.

I'm not above legitimate constructive input about U2, their music and their personal lifestyles, but a post like this that can have a double entendre(double meaning) can cause more harm than good. :ohmy:

I'm hoping you didn't mean a thing you said, Matthew.

I LOVE HTDAAB, like I have loved and appreciated every piece of music that U2 has shared with the world. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom