Island and u2 Management not happy with the ES release!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cowgirl

War Child
A friend just showed me this from the EXIT mailing list, the person got it from 'Island sources UK'

the version of "ES", which was aired on BBC/Radio
1 is definately NOT the final version of the song!
Island UK is desperate about the fact it had been released and didn't know
anything about that, also the U2 Management was not informed...

and check this baby out!!!!!

we should all not forget that, apparently,
the version that we have is NOT the final version that was played to
island representatives last month. the final version was described
as much more "electric" and "rock-like" than this 'soft' version.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

MrBrau1 said:
Why is everyone obsessed with "being hard"? It's U2, not Tool. :confused:

Seriously! I like it the way we've heard it personally, but if it's not the "finished" version, I'm sure that version will be even better. Awesome!

That's good, because that means the France Radio version is the one that will be on the CD, and it's ROCKING. More ROCKING than the demo we heard. It's real good.

gimme some vinyl !!!

martha said:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :no:

I want NEW MUSIC on B-sides, not 57 versions of the same damn song!!!!! :banghead:

Yeah b sides baby... if we still had b sides

flip

Well, i just listened to the "radio edit" version or the "XRT" version that is floating around and yes, it is heavier and in my opinion better than the original demo. I actually got chills listening to this one (a good sign that edge's guitar is doing the right things). Hope this is the one that is released, but according to XRT they said it would be the William Orbit mix which is different than either of the ones i have heard, but supposedly doesn't rock as much as the radio edit version.

everyone completely confused now? :)

womanfish said:
Well, i just listened to the "radio edit" version or the "XRT" version that is floating around and yes, it is heavier and in my opinion better than the original demo. I actually got chills listening to this one (a good sign that edge's guitar is doing the right things). Hope this is the one that is released, but according to XRT they said it would be the William Orbit mix which is different than either of the ones i have heard, but supposedly doesn't rock as much as the radio edit version.

:yes: 'Tis extremely confusing! What's different about the William Orbit mix?

I like both versions I've heard so far, although I need to get used to the "finished" one and listen to it a bunch more times because I'm so used to the demo!

wertsie said:

:yes: 'Tis extremely confusing! What's different about the William Orbit mix?

I like both versions I've heard so far, although I need to get used to the "finished" one and listen to it a bunch more times because I'm so used to the demo!

Wertsie: you can get what has to be the Orbit mix at the last link at the bottom of this page:
http://www.youtwo.net/news_archives.adp?newsid=21202

I've also got it up on NewMedia and I FTPd it to Sicy as well.

womanfish said:

Yes, because I love William Orbit. I am sure he did a great job.

Back
Top Bottom