is u2 your favorite band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Deathbear's Fly Girl:
I like U2 but there's a better group called 3 for me that's just now breaking out!

i like them also. hope they tour soon!

Originally posted by arturod:
U2 is number one, but the Mexican Rock band Caifanes, (now known as Jaguares - even though they haven't yet matched their past glory) is a very close second. I think their music is very U2 influenced. If anyone is interested, they are playing this Saturday night in Houston. I recommend their CD "La Historia" which is their greatest hits from the Caifanes era.

awwwwwww yeah.... dont get me started on saul and company for he is my john lennon. I'm seeing them next friday in "san berdo". I want to make a shirt that says "F*** mana dime jaguar!"
biggrin.gif

Hey you wouldnt happen to have a vhs copy of Mtv's unplugged latin series that featured Caifanes from '95 would you? I've been looking for that thing left and right and its become my holy grail.

No not really, I?m actually more into N?Suck... sorry, I mean N?Sync...

U2 are just old and bad... and... and... older than N?Sync... or something like that.

U2 is my favourite band - if I liked anyone else as much I'd probably be bankrupt by now!
biggrin.gif

Though Bono does have competition with the sexy Mr. Springsteen!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

TY44756.jpg

Allright, someone mentioned Bruce! Springsteen is actually my favorite artist. I'm from New Jersey and live right by him, and so location wise is part of the reason why he is #1, but U2, which I just got into in the last year is a close #2. If I were from Ireland, maybe it would the other way around.

noone can paint a picture like u2. theyre my favorite. radiohead is RIGHT up there. floyd, pumpkins, rem, filter are a little below that.

------------------
-death bear

It's all about Tom Jones, man!

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

MAN! I don't know what's up with this Bone-Oh guy! Who does he think he is anyways? The last of the dying rock stars?!
rolleyes.gif
The stage is not his dammed soapbox! If he wants to go preach, he should go join the debate team or something!
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I love this band!

As for Creed, they're on their third album. They're young, they got time... people don't appreciate you till your old, making a comeback, or dead!

------------------
Hip Pontiff of Sparkyism

"There's no room for spiritual constitpation here!" - Ian Astbury, The Cult

SlipStream Soul

[This message has been edited by J-Tree (edited 10-27-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Buckeye:
i recently purchased JT and AB and i am blown away. music that captures your soul and doesn't let go.

I remember buying JT when it first came out, 14 years ago. It is still my absolute, all time favorite album/cd and gives me goose bumps whenever I listen to it. If that isn't what great music is about, I don't know what is.

Originally posted by ericb:
Allright, someone mentioned Bruce! Springsteen is actually my favorite artist. I'm from New Jersey and live right by him, and so location wise is part of the reason why he is #1, but U2, which I just got into in the last year is a close #2. If I were from Ireland, maybe it would the other way around.

Excellent! Another Boss fan!
biggrin.gif

If you bump into Bruce round NJ please tell him to come to London!

I'd have to say U2 and Bruce Springsteen would be my favorite. Except for maybe The Who, no one puts on such great live shows. Incidentally, the paralell between Springsteen and U2 are similar. Many feel that both did their best stuff years ago. Many fans abandoned them for a long time. Both came back with GREAT tours and won their old fans over again. Both have similar message boards and forums too. Both sets of fans complained that the recent tours didn't have varied setlists. Both fans say that their city is THE ultimate U2 or Springsteen city, and they were lucky enough to have seen THE best shows of the entire tour.
If I go a long time without hearing u2's "One" or Springsteen's "Jungleland" or "Thunder Road" I'll get goose bumps when I do. I'm giving it to Springsteen on a close decision. I still can't believe a mere mortal wrote the stuff that he did from 73 to 78.

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
Excellent! Another Boss fan!
biggrin.gif

If you bump into Bruce round NJ please tell him to come to London!

And another Boss fan-
1st. Springsteen show=1978.
1st U2 show=1983
1st rock show-Jethro Tull-1976
It paid having a older coolier brother who managed a record store..and would take me to shows..

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Boston 4 story
and photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Diamond, our histories are strangely similiar.

First Springsteen show 78
2nd concert Jethro Tull 77 (1st was heart 77)
First u2 show 85

You have excellent taste in music!

Originally posted by DanB:
Both came back with GREAT tours and won their old fans over again. Both have similar message boards and forums too.

Does anyone know of a good Bruce forum?

qx20741.jpg

[This message has been edited by Bonoforever (edited 10-29-2001).]

Originally posted by DanB:
Diamond, our histories are strangely similiar.

First Springsteen show 78
2nd concert Jethro Tull 77 (1st was heart 77)
First u2 show 85

You have excellent taste in music!

Cool,DanB-I just read your Jungleland mention and got chills.
Dan read my BonoBos4 story and email me back-addy at end of story-
Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Bono/Dimon-Bos.4 Story
and Photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Originally posted by Calvin N. Hobbes:
awwwwwww yeah.... dont get me started on saul and company for he is my john lennon. I'm seeing them next friday in "san berdo". I want to make a shirt that says "F*** mana dime jaguar!"
biggrin.gif

Hey you wouldnt happen to have a vhs copy of Mtv's unplugged latin series that featured Caifanes from '95 would you? I've been looking for that thing left and right and its become my holy grail.

Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of the video. Just got back from the concert in Houston. Jaguares rocked even though the venue really sucked; concert started late, security was horrible (at least 10 people got on stage. Some even hung around for whole songs making total asses of themselves. The best songs were the new ones off "cuando la sagngre galopa." It was kind of an off-night for Saul, his voice was kind off key and even more whiny than usual. The old Caifanes songs also don't sound the same without Marcovich. I wish he would come back ): Sorry, for this non-U2 talk, U2 fans, just needed to vent a little about my favorite Rock en Espanol band.

[This message has been edited by arturod (edited 10-28-2001).]

Whew! Such a question..

But yes, U2 is my favorite band.

Very close behind is:
Depeche Mode, Blur, Gorillaz, PJ Harvey, Leonard Cohen, Radiohead, Coldplay and Hole.

------------------
~~~All I got is a red guitar, some Boards and my youth.~~~

Back
Top Bottom