Is U2 making music for "white" people only?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jamila said:
My opinion is that this was an offensive thread to begin with.

U2's music is universal - the themes and wishes in their music for a better and fairer world is shared by people around the globe. :yes:

Being a Rock band, the majority of their audience has traditionally been white, but that has seen a steady change over the years as U2 updated their sound in the 1990's.

U2 is the biggest,most well-known and loved Rock band in the world - they have inspired groups to form and spread their social messages of Peace and social justice in Mexico, Pakistan and many other countries around the world. :up:

Increasingly, U2 (mainly because of Bono's social activism for Africa) have gained the respect and the friendship of many varied Black performers from Hip-Hop, Jazz and traditional R & B music.

I think we should just respect the fact that, for a group of white Rock musicians, U2 have done more and have gone farther than any other white group I can think of to respect other cultures and to do all that they can to include people of other cultures in their audiences. :wink:

What more would we want fron them?

I agree 100% with you!

Back
Top Bottom