Is Thom Yorke (Radiohead) a better singer than Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xaviMF22 said:

:tsk:

Freddy > Bono

and lets not start again :yikes:

well... voice wise, the 86-89 Bono is very very close to Freddy..... let's say they draw..... :wink:

of course the 94-06 Bono is blown away from the stage by Freddy.... but nobody beats Mercury on a voice level......

Matt Bellamy is a better singer than Bono and Thom Yorke.

And neither Thom or Bono EVER came CLOSE to the technical skill of Mercury. That's just a silly thing to say.

I am a big Radiohead fan, but an even bigger U2 fan! Bono sings with lots of passion and has a great voice...but listen to (the end of) Street Spirit from Radiohead and you are convinced!
Thom Yorke has a heavenly voice!!!

Immerse your soul in looooooooooooooooooooove

AMAZING !!!!

But Freddy is even better!

Sorry for Bono but the best Bono Vox = Freddy!

Freddy > Thom > Bono

Last edited:
OMG, I love Street Spirit, and Thom's voice is great in that song, but in general I feel that he sings on every Radiohead song the same way, and I really like their music. But Bono's singing is so much more versatile. He may not have the best of voices, but he sings with a passion that you don't find in many other singers. Technically, there are far more better singers than him, but his voice is just so unique. This is really something great in a time where most voices sound very alike.

And Freddie Mercury, that's a whole different level. There will be no one like him again.

reptile said:
...matt bellamy smellamee.....he is but a tapole in the great ocean of voice......

:lol:

I still haven't grasped all of the arrogance in that yet.

no tom bellamy - cooper temple clause - he's got the barry white thing going...
now barry - there's a great ocean of voice...

Back
Top Bottom