Is this true?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
I read somewhere that U2's concert in Reggio Emilia Italy (the one with 150,000 people) was so loud that it was picked up on seismic sensors...anybody else hear this?

when they played at the old stadium here in tampa on the Zoo TV tour, they broke parts of the glass ceiling off the mall that was across from the stadium. my dad was parked about 1 mile from the stadium waiting for me and he said he could the entire concert loud and crystal clear.

Last edited:
I've heard about some Pink Floyd show in the late 60s or early 70s that created enough noise to kill all the fish in the nearby lake.

I read somewhere that the music played when U2 takes the stage is The Arcade Fire by Wake Up.

Its very possible europop that that could happen. I know that the sound system used on ZOO Tv Tour, is the most powerfull ever...capable of killing anyone too close IF it was turned up full whack (allegedly)

kingofsorrow said:
when they played at the old stadium here in tampa on the Zoo TV tour, they broke parts of the glass ceiling off the mall that was across from the stadium. my dad was parked about 1 mile from the stadium waiting for me and he said he could the entire concert loud and crystal clear.

This can also happen when you have good wind. We used to have a festival in the town I grew up, and in most years in our town you couldn't hear anything, but in towns two to five miles in another direction you could hear the music (not always cristal clear, but you would recognize it was music) because the wind drifted that way.

Vincent Vega said:

This can also happen when you have good wind. We used to have a festival in the town I grew up, and in most years in our town you couldn't hear anything, but in towns two to five miles in another direction you could hear the music (not always cristal clear, but you would recognize it was music) because the wind drifted that way.

there was a wind that night alright. it's name was bono:wink:

gman said:
Its very possible europop that that could happen. I know that the sound system used on ZOO Tv Tour, is the most powerfull ever...capable of killing anyone too close IF it was turned up full whack (allegedly)

it was supposedly rated at 1 million watts. supposedly. it damn sure sounded and felt more powerfull than other PA and SPL systems i've heard.

The Vertigo Tour had one hell of sounding system too. The stadium and arena show blasted my ears :ohmy:

During Vegas rehearsals of the Popmart Tour, there was a call made to local authorities about UFOs landing.

Back
Top Bottom