Is this a preview of a NEW SONG???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i_love_adam

War Child
It's on the Vertigo Chicago DVD, bonus disc documentary. It's between Edge's fan greet, Bono's fan greet II (fan says "We bought you some Guinness") and just before that idiot of a Willie Williams says "The show is constantly being refined".

Anyway, Edge is on acoustic guitar, and Bono sings something like "I THINK I KNOW WHAT I WANT", pause pause uncertainty hum. Adam and Larry are present too!!

Anyone heard it? I'm pretty sure it's not an old song they're rehearsing. I think they're in the middle of writing that song!

I give a calculated guess that the new album might be headed in a different direction. After hearing Fast Cars and this , it seems the new path is one with Latin-Mexican grooves!! HOLA:dancing: :applaud: :hyper: :faint: :up:

i_love_adam said:
:huh: can I have the mp3 1st? please? I'm a 1 yr old U2 fan who lives in Asia (CONCERTS SEEN= 0) and only have the Best ofs and ATYCLB and HTDAAB!

MP3!!!!

its on the 80's best of bside disc

Chizip said:

its on the 80's best of bside disc

it's not available anymore

and don't say itunes, we don't have it where we are.

anyway 'party girl' is a really old song with some silly lyrics that they play in concert from time to time, usually if there's a band member's birthday or something. fun song.

yertle-the-turtle said:

it's not available anymore

and don't say itunes, we don't have it where we are.

anyway 'party girl' is a really old song with some silly lyrics that they play in concert from time to time, usually if there's a band member's birthday or something. fun song.

well she said she had the best of's

They still sell the Best Of CDs with the B-sides disc where I'm from. I know about the whole 'limited edition' thing, but it looks like the band or management decided they should be out there now...

I don't think I've ever seen the 90-00 one without a BSides disc, even though it claims to be limited. The 80s one though, is another matter.

WalkOn21 said:
Hey i_love_adam,

Heres some advice for the next time you 'discover' a new song:
do a Google search on the lyrics ;)

ok... google search? "I" is common, so is "you". All I'll be left with is "think" "know" "want".

Besides, I thought it was "I think I know what I want".

WalkOn21 said:
But this thread did make me realize Fast Cars and Party Girl do both have an 'alternative' style. Thanks for that. :wink:
[/B]

No problem bout that!

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Can someone just be kind and give the girl an MP3?! :happy: I'm not on my computer or otherwise I would myself. We were all newbies once before too....

:applaud: Thanks, but I'm not exactly a newbie. I'm an acrobat!! It's just that U2 has never been to where I'm from!!! Hey yertle-the-turtle, fellow Singaporean, I think we don't even have the Elevation Boston DVD over here! The Best 0fs don't come with bside discs either...

Ehhh, I read in this article that Adam came to Singapore as a boy? Cos his dad was an RAF pilot or something. He sure went to Malaysia for holidays last december.:ohmy:

i_love_adam said:

ok... google search? "I" is common, so is "you". All I'll be left with is "think" "know" "want".
But you can use " " with Google. It then searches for the whole phrase instead of the separate words.

And searching for "I think I know what you want" leads to the party girl lyrics, as in my link above.

But you're right, if you mishear the lyrics (like in your case), searching won't help. I'm not sure you did mishear them anyway, Bono tends to make variations in words like I/you/he/she/etc. in live versions of songs. :)

By the way, please don't take this as an offence, but someone who's listened to only 2 albums and 2 best of's, is a newbie. ;)

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Can someone just be kind and give the girl an MP3?! :happy: I'm not on my computer or otherwise I would myself. We were all newbies once before too....

i was never a newbie :tsk:

WalkOn21 said:

By the way, please don't take this as an offence, but someone who's listened to only 2 albums and 2 best of's, is a newbie. ;)

Eh... I've got Vertigo Chicago (bonus disc included!!), Slane, Best of 1990-2000 DVD, Rattle and Hum and Joshua Tree (the documentary about producing JT with ST video at the end). "Always look to the future!" Bono tells me.

p.s; I'm not too interested in previous eras of Adam. The Silver Fox is where it's at.

Sure I'd like Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree, Pop (it has If God Will Send His Angels and Wake Up Dead Man. it is not a bomb album), Zooropa, Boy, etc but these things cos you know? They don't rain from the sky. And when I get those, my Best ofs will become obsolete.

So I_love_adam,, You have never heard JT, AB or Pop ???? :yikes: scary thought.

yimou said:

well Adam didnt have silver hair back then, so no reason to listen to those records :wink:

i_love_adam said:

Pop (it has If God Will Send His Angels and Wake Up Dead Man. it is not a bomb album)
OK, so... you've never heard it, and still you think you can say it's "not a bomb album"? You've been listening to Interferencers again, didn't you? :shame:

Actually, I really think POP is the best album they've ever made. :hyper:

WalkOn21 said:

Actually, I really think POP is the best album they've ever made. :hyper:

But Adam didn´t look like a 60 year old back then. So why should she listen to the album, right???

Kidding i_love_Adam :wink:

yimou said:

It's quite funny that you CAN be u2 fan without hearing them..

just goes to show how we're perhaps just a tad too critical of the new stuff!!!

Folks, let's also remember that not everyone on here is my ripe old age of 25. :wink:

At 14, i_love_adam has more U2 CDs than I had at 14.

of course, i may be overcompensating now....:shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom