Is there going to be anyone else working on the new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WithOrWithoutYo

The Fly
Lots of artists are using each other on their own tracks these days : I wonder if u2 will follow this trend? Even if they don't, who would you like them to work with? Personally, I think they'd go well with Coldplay - they play a similar style of music (except u2 are better mwahahaha!)

WithOrWithoutYou

They've done some great collaborations in the past on Albums and B-sides or what not.

Dylan, O'Connor, B.B. King, Cash, Nelson, etc. but they've always been people they've been influenced by or their peers. The trend today seems to be to get someone bigger than you so that it will help you sell an album, I don't think U2 will go this route.

There's a lot of folks I like to see them collaborate with but the list may be too long.

I would not want to see them work with any new or younger bands, I do think they could do a wicked collaberation with the Stones, especially Keith and Edge together would be cool.

I want to see U2 and Pink Floyd together. OK, so it won't and can't happen, but do you see me caring?

EvolutionMonkey said:
I would not want to see them work with any new or younger bands, I do think they could do a wicked collaberation with the Stones, especially Keith and Edge together would be cool.

did you know that Mick Jagger sang on an early version of Stuck in a Moment? it's too bad we'll never hear it :(

Dorian Gray said:

did you know that Mick Jagger sang on an early version of Stuck in a Moment? it's too bad we'll never hear it :(

Hey that's very cool the only collaberation with Mick I know of is a song Bono joins with Mick and the Stones during a Stones concert a couple years ago. Oh and his collaberaration with Mick on his solo album. :p

Last edited:
All extra musicians used are usually done pretty low-key. Hence Pride (In The Name Of Love) had Chrissy Hynde on backup vocals, but any mention of her was buried deep in the liner notes, and used her married (at the time) name: Christine Kerr. So I doubt that U2 will use a big named star to promote a song or an album.

EvolutionMonkey said:

Hey that's very cool the only collaberation with Mick I know of is a song Bono joins with Mick and the Stones during a Stones concert a couple years ago. Oh and his collaberaration with Mick on his solo album. :p

Bono does a duet with Mick on Mick's last solo album, a track called 'Joy'. Also Keith plays with Bono on the original Silver and Gold that was on the Silver City CD.

I never knew that about Crissy Hynde.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
All extra musicians used are usually done pretty low-key. Hence Pride (In The Name Of Love) had Chrissy Hynde on backup vocals, but any mention of her was buried deep in the liner notes, and used her married (at the time) name: Christine Kerr. So I doubt that U2 will use a big named star to promote a song or an album.

Really???:shocked:

never knew that one.....I guess at the end with the uh oh oh oh's?

Open up the liner notes and look....let me see...yes!! In your CD open to the inside, second page bottom right....it says: "Thanks to Mrs. Christine Kerr." Remember Chrissy Hynde was married to Jim Kerr of Simple Minds at the time. Cool, huh? It was the "Oh, oh, oh's" part too. She sang it with Brian Eno. Bono has mentioned this before.

I would like to see U2 with these people
- B.B king (again )
- Flamming lips or chemical brothers
- D.J muggs (Soul assasins... again)

Weird Al is obviously working behind the scenes with them. The famous double album that has been rumored is amazingly the new album, plus bonus parodies of every single song!

More as it breaks.

Back
Top Bottom