is there an album release pattern?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
i dont know about the release months for the years of albums before JT but heres my little 'theory' that i came up with

Achtung Baby : November 1991
Zooropa : July 1993
POP : March 1997 (i think)
ATYCLB : November 2000

so on that pattern of November/March
the next album should be out in March......at least thats what i think

my interpretation of their album release pattern:

1) about three years before it's released, Edge will be quoted as saying they've started writing new songs, but it's too early to tell what direction they're headed. :hmm:
2) we hear nothing for the next year aside from a random quote from Bono that really tells us nothing. big tunes, big melodies, type thing :|
3) we begin hearing rumours of a possible release period - eg. summer 2002 :hyper:
4) this period comes and goes :eyebrow:
5) more Bono quotes, heavy duty hype :drool: :ohmy:
6) another possible release period is presented. then delayed half a year. :(
7) one more delay.. this one just a couple months.. :mad:
8) we get the album two years later than expected... but it ends up being a really cool record, and so we forget about all the waiting. :yes:

Last edited:
Dorian Gray said:
my interpretation of their album release pattern:

8) we get the album two years later than expected... but it ends up being a really cool record, and so we forget about all the waiting. :yes:

I think this is key. I never expected any album in 2002 but I was hopeful last year that this time we may have had something by now. However I need to save money and stuff like that so I can deal I guess...

I really think that if it were coming out in march, we'd hear something by now. I would guess more like May-June. The tour will start in September in the US, then go to Oz, South America, Japan, etc, then go to Europe the following summer. That's my guestimitation.

They better start doing something soon. I'm tired of going to U2 news sites and seeing the names "Oprah", "Beyonce", and "Peter" mentioned more often than the names "Edge", "Adam" and "Larry."

U2 album pattern (US only):

Boy - October
October - October
War - March
UF - October
Joshua Tree - March
Rattle and Hum - October
Acthung Baby - November
Zooropa - July
Pop - March
ATYCLB - October

Hmmm, does March sound about right for this new album?

Well, U2's albums are usually released in Autumn or Fall (Zooropa was released in the middle of a tour) so yes, untile we're told otherwise I do think March is the right time for the new album.

Back
Top Bottom