Is there an album on the horizon? (AKA New Album Speculation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Singles have long been just promotion/advertising. The money made off them, even at their physical peak in the early 90s, is pretty minimal (comparatively.) And I am actually amazed that physical singles have held out for so long. But, as someone said above, if U2 (or anyone else) really want to still release a physical 'single' for anything, they could. And U2 think there's any money in it, they'll do it.

They will out-do Radiohead by announcing the new album will be available for download from midnight tonight. Simultaneously, Paul McG has a coronary.

Whoa, whoa, wait a minute...optimism? In a new album speculation thread? What bizarro universe have I woken up in? :huh:

Boo hoo - he says they probably will pack up the tour after Moncton - but did say never say never.

"Not ready to commit to one particular direction but lots of material." So no bloody album either. Oh well it looks like another pause. Shit!

Sounds like they're still looking for their new direction.

Very dissapointed right now. They've been on about having lots of songs, lots of hits etc. for ages. Hell they were on about realeasing another album in late '09 when NLOTH came out in early '09. Have they dried up or what?

"Not ready to commit to one direction, when the dust settles and we're off the road, we are going to sit down and work it all out".

Fuck

Only one image can fully express my feelings right now:
rageguy.jpg

Screw this. Now hopefully we can close this part of the forum up indefinitely.

Very disappointed. Where has the confidence and creativity gone? :huh::angry::sad:

That strikes me as a wimpy way of letting everyone down gently - calling it in to a radio station. After all the talk before (even from the manager) of releasing an album full of hits. I'm worried they'll overthink again and produce an album by committee instead of nailing their hearts to their sleeves.

Edge said:
"Not ready to commit to one direction, when the dust settles and we're off the road, we are going to sit down and work it all out".
...Did he actually use a variation on the "lost in the music" excuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom